Tuesday 29 March 2016

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony - Review


Well-defined and thick brows was probably one of the most popular beauty trends of 2015. I was oblivious to the concept of filling in my brows till last year and I experimented with a few drugstore kits before jumping onto the bandwagon and getting hold of the mother of all eyebrow kits: the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade.


Anastasia's Dip Brow Pomade comes in a round, heavy pot. The weight of the jar adds a very luxurious touch to the pomade. There is no brush which comes with this. I like to use my Real Techniques Angled Brow Brush from their Starter Kit and a spoolie with this to fill in and set my brows.


Much like gel eyeliners, the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade has a gel-like consistency but unlike the gel eyeliners it is more on the drier side. The top layer of the pomade is definitely the driest of them all but that is a good thing because the product is so intensely pigmented that it very easy to go overboard with this; believe me I have been there. Moreover, with the pomade, you must follow the less is more rule since it is so pigmented. When I first used the pomade on my brows, I filled them in so much that my brows looked like black lines on top of my eyes - it was a scary sight indeed. But if used sparsely and lightly, it can make your brows look like a million dollar. To fill in my brows, I lightly dip my brush and then apply it in short strokes and fill in the spaces. This makes my brows look neat and full without looking too over the top. The pomade take a minute or two to set after which it becomes smudge-proof and last almost all day. However, it does not survive a workout session since I keep wiping my face with a towel.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade applied on the right

This product has become my HG for all my brow needs and it was also featured in my monthly favourites. My makeup now feels incomplete until I have filled in my brows with this brilliant product. I use the shade Ebony which is a deep, dark brown. It suits my black eyebrows perfectly. Totally recommend this.


Love.