Tuesday 6 November 2018

Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter in Molten Bronze - Review

Hello ladies! Keeping up with the blog is becoming incredibly hard considering my job is getting hectic by the minute and secondly because I'm running out of products to review due to lack of makeup shopping. However, I hope to return to the blogging arena soon and have a couple of posts lined up! First up, I'll be reviewing the Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter in Molten Bronze that I recently bought, after seeing it all over my Instagram newsfeed.

The highlighter is part of Maybelline's 'Master' range which includes an array of products from blushes to eyeliners and brow definers. The highlighter comes in a simple compact with a transparent lid and has a pretty geometric pattern on it.


I bought the highlighter in the shade Molten Bronze because out of the two shades available in Pakistan this was the one which looked less similar to other highlighters I already own. Plus I wanted a deeper highlighter with bronze tones because I feel it brings out my complexion and cheekbones more. On my face, Molten Bronze appears lighter than it is in the pan but I am really loving the way it brings out my cheekbones, gives me subtle sunkissed glow and complements the soft kohl-lined eyes I am sporting these days.

As far as the product's formula is concerned, it is pretty powdery and there is a lot of fallout in the pan. However, the highlighter blends well on the skin and once set with a setting spray, it doesn't move. There are no annoying glitter chunks which is a huge relief. Maybelline's Master Chrome Highlighter isn't as pigmented as I'd like it to be, but then again that gives me space to make mistakes and build up the product as I like. So maybe shouldn't complain there. Lol.



It's good to see affordable and good quality highlighters finally hit the local markets and I hope other brands will also follow suit. 

Maybelline's Master Chrome Metallic Highlighters are available at Maybelline kiosks across the country and retail for PKR 1400 each.

Love.