Thursday 7 April 2016

Lorac Pro Palette - Review


Lorac Pro has been part of my Makeup Pouch for a very long time and lately I have started using this palette again for simple everyday eye makeup so I thought that I might as well write a review on it.

Starting off, I cannot express how much I love the packaging of the palette. The palette is black in color extremely sleek and slim, which makes it travel-friendly. The palette opens and closes like a book and has a mirror in it also. However, it does have the tendency to look messy and dirty. 


Honestly speaking, the quality of the eye shadows literally blew me off from the first touch. Every shade that I touched was extremely soft and smooth, including the mattes. However, this softness means that the amount of fall out is significantly increased. Every time I pick up the shadow and tap my brush before applying the color to my eyelids I notice quite a bit of fall out. As a result, unfortunately, a lot of the product gets wasted this way. However, the colors are super pigmented, and with an eye shadow primer they stand out even more. The lasting power of the eye shadows is also amazing, with almost all shadows lasting on my eyelids all day. Although I don't have oily lids, I still use a primer as a glue on which the eye shadows will stick. I haven't noticed much creasing either. The palette is mostly warm-toned with a variety of colours including browns, gold and smokey shades. Lorac Pro contains 8 matte eyeshadows and 8 shimmer/satin eyeshadows. The eyeshadows are mostly soft. blend with ease and do not apply patchily. The different matte brown shades are perfect for defining the crease.



The palette is mostly neutral although there are a few colours thrown here and there (Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate). You can create a variety of looks with this palette. However, I feel that this one palette is not enough to suit all my needs. It is a wonderful palette for everyday wear and the quality of the shadows is superb but I would like a few more shades, something which I can use in the outer corners and the crease. Otherwise, it is a great palette for a beginner or for someone who doesn't need to do any fancy eye looks. My favourite shades from the palette have to be Cream, Lt. Bronze, Slate and Pewter. I don't like the Gold very much, I wish it was a bit less orange. Other than that the palette has a good variety of neutrals.


The Lorac Pro Palette retails for $44 and you can order it through any Facebook page.

Love.