Sunday 11 December 2016

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup - Review


Hi everyone. So I've been a little off the radar recently because I have been suffering from a bad case of writer's block, but now I seem to be getting over that, so hopefully will be posting more frequently now. Anyways, coming back to the product in the spotlight: the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup. Lately, I've been on a foundation kick and I have been grabbing every chance to try out a new foundation. I've always heard amazing things about this Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and during the Sephora Spring Sale, I ordered this. I have been using this foundation for a few months now - in the hot, humid summer as well as in the cooler months.

To begin with, I have normal skin which occasionally gravitates towards the drier side. Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation is supposed to be brilliant for oily skin and I hadn't read much reviews for normal/dry skin, but the luxurious looking bottle with its golden cap was enough to have me sold. The first time I applied the foundation, I followed the same routine that I did with all my foundations. I poured out a bit of the foundation on the back of my hand, dotted it all over my faced and proceeded to blend it out with my Beauty Blender. The result was patchy foundation which looked horrible. On top of everything the patches wouldn't blend with anything; be it a brush or the Beauty Blender. I was in a rush so I proceeded to do the rest of makeup while trying my best to camouflage the dried patches. I then applied the MAC ProLongWear Concealer to my undereyes. The MAC Concealer also has a drier, waterproof formula and when applied on top of the Estee Lauder DW, it refused to blend. At this point, I was almost in tears and I ran my Beauty Blender under hot water and then rubbed my face with it constantly. Then I got hold of my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and started buffing the foundation. Thankfully this helped a great deal and made my foundation appear somewhat smooth. Let me also add here that this incident took place in the month of June and I was getting ready in a room without an air-conditioner, early in the morning.Cutting short, the foundation ended up looking beautiful in the pictures thankfully.


After this struggle, I was scared of using this foundation especially when I was getting ready for the summer weddings because sweat did not mix very well with this. However, when the cooler weather arrived, I decided to give the foundation another chance. This time I first moisturized my skin and then applied a primer. I then let everything settle for a bit. I mixed the Estee Lauder Double Wear with a bit of MAC's Strobe Cream and then dotted it onto half of my face and blended it out with my Morphe Deluxe Buffer Brush - M439 after which I did the same on the other half of my face. And this time round the finish was flawless. The foundation did not look cakey in the least bit, it almost looked like a second skin. It covered all the imperfections and gave my face an even tone. I was so excited with this. This time I used a more creamier concealer and that too blended well, so I would suggest using a creamy concealer when you are using this foundation. It photographed beautifully and made my skin look flawless. Ever since then, I have been using the foundation regularly and I love the finish, full coverage and the fact that this lasts almost all day without fading or looking dull.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and my favourite Foundation tools

The Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation demands effort in application but it is well worth it in my opinion for the final result is beautiful. Just to reiterate, the foundation is full-coverage and very long lasting. Because it dries quickly, it doesn't transfer either. I have been loving it in the winters and I think if I use it with a proper primer and moisturizer it will be great for the summers too because nothing can make it budge. For application, I would suggest to use a dense buffing brush because that works best with this foundation and you can always go over with your Beauty Blender for a more natural finish; that's what I do too.

For reference, I am NC 30 in MAC and Y335 in Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation (review) and I have warm undertones. 2W2 Rattan suits me perfectly. Buying a foundation online is very tricky but Estee Lauder helps by labelling the shades as W or C to help you narrow down your choice. W is for warm skintones and C is for cooler tones. And you can always log onto findation.com to help you decide a shade.

Phew, this was a pretty long post. I hope you guys enjoyed the little anecdotes and didn't get bored. Do leave your comments below.

Love.