Sunday 10 June 2018

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette - Review

Anastasia Beverly Hills has one of the best eyeshadow formulas in the industry and while their bestseller Modern Rennaisance Palette did not attract me much, their Soft Glam Palette with it warm and shimmery tones had me going weak in the knees and I knew I had to get it.


Thanks to sales which enable me to get everything I want at great prices, I ordered this palette during the Sephora annual Spring Event.

To begin with, I did not like the outer packaging of the palette too much. The felt exterior of the palette is on the rough side and is expected to attract a lot of dirt and get messy.


Nonetheless, when you open the palette, be prepared to fall into warm-toned heaven. The palette has more matte than shimmer shades, which is why I opted for the palette in the first place. I feel in the summer and, generally for everyday looks, mattes are more useful than shimmer shadows. Plus I have a ridiculous number of shimmer eyeshadows already.

The shade range is balanced with plenty of crease and lid colours; there is even a matte black thrown in. And if I have mentioned it enough already, the shade selection is warm-toned with plenty of brown shades. The shade range is perfect for most looks I usually create, while the darker shades are useful if I want to create a smokey eye. Plus I feel these shades are perfect for the desi skin tone.


I'm not very good with swatches, so picked up this image from Google since the swatches in this are closet to the shades in my eyes! Will add here that Sultry and Rustic are my favourite. Going through a brown smokey eye phase these days.

Like I said earlier, Anastasia has one of the best formulas in the market. All the shades are well-pigmented and blend with ease. Most of them have little fall-out, nothing that cannot be fixed with a little tap before application.


I would highly recommend Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam to all those looking for a neutral toned palette for an everyday basis - the shade selection, the formula and the finish is superb.

Love.