Thursday 28 April 2016

Nars Blush in Orgasm - Review


Nars Blushes are notorious in the world of makeup. And Orgasm particularly is a cult-favourite. It is loved and coveted by all for being a universally flattering shade, designed to suit all complexions. I was a bit skeptical about purchasing this because I had read at a few places that this does not show well on deeper complexions. But my wish was fulfilled when I got a free mini with my Nars order. (I love it when companies are generous in giving away minis and samples.)

Firstly, the mini is adorable. It is half the size of a full-sized Nars Blush but it has the same standard black compact packaging. The size of this compact definitely has me swooning.


Moving on, Orgasm is a pretty peachy-pink colour with finely milled shimmer, which adds a healthy glow to the complexion. The colour shows pretty well on my NC 30 skin contrary to a lot of reviews. It gives gorgeous lit from within look while adding a good amount of colour to the face. But I would still use it with another blush to define my cheeks better. The blush is very pigmented and blendable. However, I have noticed quite a bit of fallout when I swirl my blush in the pan unlike 413BLKR which hardly had any fallout. The lasting power of the blush ranges from 6-8 hours depending on how I have prepped my skin.


Nars Orgasm has been compared to several drugstore blushes including NYX Powder Blush in Pinched and Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. However, I still feel that the colour of Orgasm is unique. Luminoso is a peachy-orange colour with little sheen, while NYX Pinched is more pink compared to Orgasm. Comparison swatches are included below!


Overall, I am loving this super pretty blush this spring season.

Love.