Tuesday 3 July 2018

NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment - Review

In my quest for deep pinks, I stumbled upon the NARS Powermatte Lip Pigments on the Sephora website. However, they were a little out of my budget and I was a little disappointed because the swatches looked exactly what I was looking for. Fortunately for me, it was holiday season and brands were churning one holiday set after another and I managed to get hold of this set from NARS which had two mini Powermatte Lip Pigments for less than the price of a full size one.

The NARS lip pigments come in small rectangular tubes with a flat-pointed applicator, which is great for lining the lips before filling them in. The applicator is different from the rest of the doe-foot applicators which comes with most liquid lipsticks.


The formula of Powermattes is thin and runny because of which it dries down to a pure matte finish very quickly. The runny formula is also a bit tricky to work with. Once dry the lipstick doesn't budge and stays on for a long, long time. However, I am not a very big fan of the formula because it feels drying. Moreso, it tends to get removed from the inner rim of the lower lip and layering can make the lips feel uncomfortable. Hence, its a good idea to prime your lips properly before application. 


Despite the uncomfortable formula, the colours of the lip pigments are beautiful and I wouldn't mind adding a few more of these to my collection. I currently have my eyes on American Woman, a beautiful peachy nude shade. 

Under my Thumb is a beautiful hot pink which lights up your face like nothing else while Rock with Me is a deep wine burgundy with purple undertones. The colour is perfect in the fall/winter season. 

Rock with Me
Have you tried NARS Powermattes? Which shade is your favourite? 

Love.