Friday 15 February 2019

Huda Beauty The Overachiever High Coverage Concealer - Review

Huda Beauty really needs no introduction - I mean pretty much all her products sell like hot cakes the minute they launch, no matter what the reviews. Hence, I'm gonna dive straight into the review. Huda's concealer was among her new releases and I was lucky to get hold of it during the sale season.

The concealer comes in a black tube with a metal nozzle - simple and to the point. But I have to say that the metal nozzle adds a luxurious touch to the concealer, like those really expensive eye creams have for de-puffing the eyes.


Anywho, moving on, the concealer promises to "disguise the appearance of dark circles, redness, hyperpigmentation, age spots, and discoloration with a beautiful luminous-matte finish," which is long-lasting and transfer-proof. Apart from that, it is also supposed to treat dark circles and reduce their appearance over time. 

Fortunately, I don't have discolouration and hyperpigmentation, but my under eye needs work. Since my eyes are deep-set, I really need to work on my under eye area to bring out my eyes and make them look awake and brighter. For this, Huda's concealer has worked wonderfully. It is pigmented, blends easily and lasts long, as the brand claims - picture below for reference.


The concealer is available in 20 shades and I bought it in the shade Graham Cracker which is described as a medium with golden and peachy undertones. The shade is a tad bit darker than my foundation and suits me perfectly. Contrary to popular belief, I prefer to use a concealer which is slightly darker because it helps conceal my dark circles better. If I go for a lighter concealer, my face ends up looking grey. However, I set my concealer with a yellow powder, such as the Ben Nye one, if I want to brighten up my face. Its all about the technique and understanding what suits your face.

Huda's concealer definitely lived up to my expectations and has won me over. So would recommend it to all my readers. 

Love.