Tuesday 29 April 2014

Real Techniques Core Collection: Review


Hello Tuesday ladies! Let's start this week with a little review of my favourite brushes.
All my life, I really never realized the importance of using good brushes till I entered the beauty and blogging world. A lot of my fellow beauty bloggers emphasized on the importance of good brushes, so I finally decided to invest in the Real Techniques Core Collection. Luckily, one of my favourite online stores had it instock, so I received my brushes within two days!


The Real Techniques Core Collection contains 4 brushes for the face: Buffing Brush, Contour Brush, Detailer Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush and a Panoramic Case to hold your brushes. According to Real Techniques, the Core Collection provides the essentials that are needed to create the perfect base.


The Core Collection comes in a panoramic case, which can be used to store the brushes as well as provide a stand for them. The case makes a lousy stand if you are applying makeup, but its good for storing the brushes. It also makes the brushes travel-friendly. All the brushes have orange-copper handles. The bristles are super-soft and smooth. They do not shed upon wash or use. Cleaning these brushes are also not a problem and I wash them easily with baby shampoo and water.

Onto a detailed step by step review of all the brushes.
  • Buffing Brush:


This is probably the most used and abused out of all the brushes from this set. I literally use this brush every single day. Although, this brush is to be used with powder and mineral foundation, I use it with my BB Cream and Liquid Foundation. I dab the cream all over my face and then blend with this brush. The brush blends my cream perfectly and sets it into the skin. I absolutely love the finish that I get with this brush!
  • Contour Brush

This multi-purpose brush can be used for a variety of purposes. While I mostly use to set powder on my under-eye, it can also be used to contour, highlight and even apply blush. I find that the brush is slightly bigger for contouring my face, hence I use it to apply powder.
  • Pointed Foundation Brush

This brush is to be used with "liquid foundation to build custom coverage". However, I mostly use this brush to apply concealer on my undereye and do spot concealing.It doesn't blend the product too flawlessly though and I always go over with my trusted Beauty Blender for that flawless airbrushed look. 
  • Detailer Brush

This multi-purpose brush can be used for a variety of things from applying eyeshadow to lipstick. I mostly use it to apply my lipsticks because it spread the product well and the round-tip helps me to give a precise application.


The Real Techniques Brushes are definitely worth the hype and the Core Collection is great addition to your makeup kit as it pretty much covers all your base/face needs.

Love.