Monday 30 January 2017

Huda Beauty Lip Contour Set - Review


Huda Beauty, the Instagram/Youtube makeup guru created waves last year when she released first her Lip Contour Pencils, followed by Liquid Lipsticks and finally an eyeshadow palette. The Liquid Lipsticks were probably the craziest release as they were sold out within minutes. I, initially did not give into the immediate hype (to be honest, you don't have much choice when you are an unemployed blogger with a diminishing bank account). Anywho, when my holiday shopping was complete and I ticked off my wishlist (thanks to all those uncles and aunts who come from abroad and get lots of gifts), I had some spare cash so I decided to get this Lip Contour Set. Not to forget, the shade Famous was my berry dream come true. By this time, the set, which was a holiday special had obviously been sold out and the pages were asking for atrocious amounts for the set and I felt a little deflated. But like they say, agar kisi cheez ko sachay dil say chaho toh poori kainat conspires to get it for you, and I luckily found an independent seller who was selling this for a reasonable price. I immediately placed my order and I received my set soon after.

I usually don't go for long intros but currently I am in a chatty mood so dear readers, please bear with me. The Lip Contour set contains 1 pencil and 2 mini liquid lipsticks. Huda Beauty released 3 holiday special sets and this set with the darker colours attracted me the most. The set contains mini Liquid Lipsticks in the shades Vixen and Famous as well as a Lip Contour pencil in the shade Vixen. Vixen is a deep, chocolate brown with slight hints of red, while Famous is a deep berry which looks so amazingly sexy especially with a winged eyeliner. I don't have the full sized Liquid Lipsticks so I can't compare the sizes of the two but the mini ones seem reasonably sized.


I wasn't expecting much from the liquid lipsticks given that I had read limited reviews but I am glad to say that I was very impressed with the formula. Unlike the other liquid lipsticks I have tried and used, the Huda Beauty Liquid Lipsticks have a slightly runnier formula. This means that they are super easy to apply and spread over the lips. Usually one swipe gives full and opaque coverage. Once applied, the liquid lipstick takes a while to dry down, about 3-4 minutes, which again is a plus because it gives your enough time to correct any mistakes and fix your lipstick for the perfect pout. As always with liquid lipsticks, I would suggest that you use a lip brush for precise application. Layering liquid lipsticks can cause them to look patchy and unattractive. The Huda Beauty Liquid Lipsticks have a comfortable and light-weight formula which doesn't dry out the lips and feels weightless on the lips. The staying power of these liquid lipsticks is amazing; they last upto almost 6 hours without fading. I was wearing Famous and had an oily meal, but surprisingly, the colour remained on my lips and only faded from the centre.



Lip Contour


The Lip Contours were released prior to the Liquid Lipsticks and were a smashing hit. They were supposed to create the illusion of a fuller lip. The Lip Contour is creamy, pigmented and applies smoothly without tugging on your lips. It lasts for almost 4-5 hours on the lips and doesn't wear off easily. 

The Lip Contour in the set is also in the shade Vixen and like the Liquid Lipstick it is a deep chocolate brown. 


Huda Beauty Liquid Lipsticks and Lip Contours are available in a variety of shades ranging from nudes to pinks to darker and bolder colours like purple, burgundy; in short, there is a shade for everyone. I really liked the Huda Beauty Liquid Lipsticks and their formula is definitely one of the best in the market in my opinion. Given how much I love the colour Famous, I will definitely be getting the full-size version of this.  

A lot of people asked me to compare it to the Kylie Lipkits but for now let me just say that the formula of these is much more comfortable than the Kylie's. For a detailed review on the Kylie Lipkit, click here

Huda Beauty Liquid Lipsticks and Lip Contours are available for international delivery on http://www.shophudabeauty.com/. They are also stocked on almost all online Facebook Stores. You can find a comprehensive list of those here

Which liquid lipstick is your favourite? Let me know in the comments below.

Love.