Friday 30 May 2014

tarte Leave her Blushing Set of 3 Amazonian Clay Blushes - Review


Given the blushoholic that I am, its no surprise that I couldn't resist this set. tarte was a relatively new brand to me because its not very famous in our part of the world. But when I heard about these amazing beauties, I decided that they were a must have for me. I checked out the prices and a single blush costed $26 which is slightly pricey. While I was deciding while color to purchase (more like collecting money), I saw this set at the tarte website. It was love at first sight and I ordered the set immediately! Given the reviews that I had read, the expectations for these blushes were high. Read on to find out whether they fulfilled my expectations or not.
The tarte Leave Her Blushing set came in a beautiful purple and gold cardboard box. Inside the box was a plastic tray which contained the blushes and the brush. The blushes come in small deluxe sized compacts, which close with a tight click. Unlike the full size blushes, these do not contain a mirror. The blushes had the Amazon river beautifully engraved on them, and sometimes, I don't feel like swirling my blush and messing the design. The compacts are colored according to the blush that they contain and this makes them really easy to spot in your makeup stash.

L-R: Imagined, Honored, Treasured

Moving on, all the blushes have amazing pigmentation. I wouldn't say that they are crazy pigmented but the pigmentation is perfect. One swirl of the blush and you are good to go. They blushes are extremely soft and blendable although I have noticed a little bit of fallout. They are supposed to control oil, but since I don't have oily skin, this magic does not work on me. The lasting power of the blushes vary. The three blushes in the set include Honored, Treasured and Imagined.


Honored is a light pink color with glitter in it. However, the glitter does not translate onto the cheek. This color is perfect for just adding a slight bit of color to the face and is nothing too dramatic. It lasts for almost 4 hours on me, which is a bit disappointing since they are to last 12-hours. But still it is my most used blush because of the color.

Imagined is a bright pink color which adds the "pop of pink" to your cheeks. When applied VERY lightly, it gives a healthy glow. This one also has glitter specks in it but they are neither too visible in the pan and neither on the cheeks. This blush is the most pigmented out of them all and lasts for more than 7 hours. I haven't wore it for more than that.

Treasured is an orangish/peach colored blush with hints of coral in it. Though it is beautiful, it is the least used out of all my blushes (I really have no idea why. Must start using it). This one has visible glitter specks also, and they translate onto the cheek to give a lovely sheen. This one is long lasting also: more than seven hours.

Blended L-R: Treasured, Imagined, Honored
Swatched Heavily L-R: Treasured, Imagined, Honored










The brush included in the set is extremely soft and does not shed. The shape of the brush is a bit flat which is why I prefer not to use it that much to apply my blush.

L-R: Imagined, Honored, Treasured

tarte holiday sets are not to be missed. They give great stuff for the value and you get to try out different colors in the price of one. While a single tarte blush costs $26, this set of three blushes ALONG with a brush cost me $34. Eeee I saved so much money (not really).

Rouge got this set for me. You can also order tarte products from Amor and Hash.

Have you tried the tarte blushes? What are your thoughts on them?

Love.