Wednesday 7 May 2014

Beauty Joint Haul & Store Review

Happiness is finally getting what you wanted after you lost all hope in it! That's the best way to describe my shopping experience at Beauty Joint.

Beauty Joint is a California (USA) based website that offers worldwide shipping. It also accepts the Pakistani credit/debit cards. I had been stalking Beauty Joint for ages and finally decided to order on it. A friend of mine also wanted a few things so we ordered together so that we could split up the shipping and insurance.

I placed my order on 13th February using my Standard Chartered Visa Debit Card and within seconds I was informed that my payment has been accepted. 2 days later I got an email from Beauty Joint stating that my order has been shipped. Everyone I asked told me that the order takes approximately 3 weeks to come. However, 3 weeks passed by and there was no sign of my order. I emailed Beauty Joint and they told me to wait for a few more days. When 1.5 months passed by I grew frantic with worry and called up customs all over the country in hope that they might have retained my parcel. However, they said that since the shipping was International Standard Shipping, no tracking information is available and I will just have to wait. After 2 months, I gave up hope about the parcel. However, after two and half months, the parcel finally arrived at my doorstep and I couldn't stop jumping with joy.


My things were all thrown in a bubble wrap which was then put in a plastic packet. (Sorry in my excitement, I ripped the packet open and threw it away, so no picture of the packing). The stuff was not individually wrapped. But thankfully everything came intact.

Since it was my first experience of international shopping, I decided to keep my stuff minimum, though I did manage to go a little overboard (My excuse for that: some of the stuff was my sister's birthday gift) :P


Here's a list of stuff that I bought:
  • Real Techniques Blush Brush ($10.99)
  • Elf Studio Stipple Brush ($3.99)
  • Jordana Blush in Blushing Rose ($2.49)
  • Wet n Wild Lipsticks in Rose Bud and Wine Room ($2.75 each)
  • LA Girl Pro Conceal in Creamy Beige ($2.50) 
  • Jordana 12 Hour Made To Last Liquid Eye Liner in Black Point ($2.79)
  • Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara ($3.59)
Jordana is one of my favourite drug-store brands; their blushes are amazing and the eye pencil has seriously blown me over. The Wet n Wild Lipsticks and the RT Blush Brush are cult favourites so how could I not add them to my stash. I can't stop drooling over everything and I go and look at it after every 5 minutes. I think I might just be going crazy.


As for the shopping experience, if you're willing to wait for about 2-3 months, then go ahead and order from Beauty Joint. The variety of products available are great. However, I have noticed that the prices of some products are slightly higher than the prices on their separate websites. Moreover, the shipping charges add up to a lot since they are weight-based. If your package is large, it could be detained by the customs as well. My custom charges were thankfully 20 rupees. I'm not sure if I will ever order again from Beauty Joint because the online Facebook pages make international buying so much easier and hassle-free. 

If you don't want to order directly from Beauty Joint, the following pages will help you out. They will take care of everything and provide faster service. The pages are Amor, Hash, Rouge, and International Makeup in Pakistan. Oh and click here to go to the Beauty Joint website.

Which of the products do you want me to review first? Let me know in the comments section below :)

Love.