Tuesday 10 June 2014

Maybelline Rocket Volume Mascara - Review

Hi peeps! Today I will be reviewing a current favourite of mine: the Maybelline Rocket Volume Mascara. I got this mascara as part of my secret swap present from the lovely Rakshanda Khan of The Fashion Personal Blog (Read about the swap here). This item was on my wishlist for quite some time and I was very excited when I received this.


The Maybelline Rocket Volume Mascara comes in a catchy violet colored tube with hot pink writing on it. The mascara tube is very colorful and I absolutely love it. The tube of the mascara has the typical Maybelline shape, which is oval; wide from the middle and narrow from the top and the bottom.


The formula and consistency of the mascara is near perfect, it is neither thick that it will clump your lashes together and neither is it runny. I am never able to fully define all my lashes with one stroke and I do multiple coats, but this mascara does define the lashes in one coat. I then coat my lashes again with multiple strokes, but without dipping the brush again in the tube. This way my lashes are fully defined. The wand of the mascara has short, sharp bristles, almost like a cactus, which are brilliant in separating the lashes. However, too much loading up can clump your lashes and I would recommend that you brush out your lashes before applying the mascara for a smoother and more clump-free application.

L- Without Mascara R- With Mascara
Excuse the bushy eyebrows, I'm trying to grow them :P

The mascara stays put for almost 7 hours and it doesn't smudge or bleed. Although it isn't waterproof, the mascara doesn't come of with plain water or a facewash. I need to use an eye makeup remover to take it off properly so that none of it is left in my lashes.

Mascara Wand
On the whole, the mascara does give me volume, defines the curl of my lashes and lasts almost all day. I would wholly recommend this to everyone.

What are your thoughts on Maybelline's mascaras?

Love.