Sunday 29 June 2014

Sweet Touch Eye Pencil - Review


Eye pencils are a definite must-have in my makeup stash, and when a fellow makeup addict praised the Sweet Touch Eye Pencil, I decided that I needed to have one in my makeup pouch. So last week, I finally spotted them in Enem, Liberty, Lahore and purchased it on the spot.


Sweet Touch has the black pencils in two versions. There is one in the typical Sweet Touch packaging i.e. pink pencils with silver caps and the other one is completely black. The completely black one is supposed to be the smudge-proof and waterproof version. These pencils require sharpening, and although they sharpen easily, I wish they were retractable because honestly, retractable pencils make life so much easier. But I guess, this could be overlooked given the other qualities of the pencil.


Either lady luck is on my side, as far as eye pencils are concerned or I'm making wiser choices ;): this pencil is definitely the bomb (My previous experience with the Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner was amazing too. You can read the review here). The Sweet Touch Eye Pencil is creamy and pigmented. Its not the blackest black pencil out there, its a notch lighter but it lines the eyes well and even better, it lines the waterline perfectly, giving a slight smudged effect. I don't like filling my eyes with pencil because they make me look weird, but this pencil lined them so well, while giving a lived-in effect that this combined with mascara is my new summer look and I am loving it! It doesn't irritate my eyes when I fill them in. It glides onto to eyelid and full intensity can be achieved with one swipe only. It doesn't smudge or fade and by the end of the day (6 hours for me) it is still there. I don't have oily lids, but in this summer heat, I lightly powder my eyelids with setting powder so that the eyeliner stays put. People with oily lids should try this technique as its extremely useful. The pencil doesn't remove completely if I wash my face with facewash only. Instead I need to use a proper eye makeup remover to get it off fully.

On the eyelid
Sweet Touch Eye Pencil on the waterline













The Sweet Touch Eye Pencil retails at PKR 260 and can be found at your local cosmetic store. I got mine from Enem Store, Liberty, Lahore.

Do leave your lovely comments below and don't forget to follow my blog via the button on the right.

Love.