Wednesday 9 September 2015

the Balm Bahama Mama - Review


The most important thing that I learned from Wafa Khan’s 3-day Master class was that contouring is always done using a cool-toned brown powder or cream. After her classes, I began to look for cool-toned products and I read about how the Balm’s Bahama Mama is the perfect cool-toned contour powder. Luckily for me Ethnic Village was having its clearance sale and I ended up practically stealing this.

Like all Balm products, Bahama Mama also comes in a quirky packaging with a haw-haaye picture of semi-nude woman on the cover. The rectangular compact is made of cardboard and has a mirror in it too.


Bahama Mama is indeed an ideal contour color. It is a cool-toned brown with hints of grey which mimics natural shadows when you apply it. The powder is richly pigmented and a light hand is recommended for its application, else your face will begin to look muddy. With contouring one needs to blend and the diffuse the color properly into the skin so that it looks natural. This powder is soft and blendable so you don’t need a lot of effort, but I would still suggest you all to be precise in your application. Bahama Mama lasts for almost 6 hours on my normal skin. The powder gives a nice noticeable contour, so I mostly use this for special occasions when I want well-defined cheekbones. If paired with a cream contour, the overall effect is superb.


For those who want to achieve a well-defined contour, I would definitely recommend this product. A word of advice, get this on one of the 50% sales that the Balm keeps having.


I got my Bahama Mama for 1300 rupees on sale from Ethnic Village (Hehehe). But it retails for $20 and can be bought from various facebook pages between 1700-2000 rupees!

Which is your favourite contour product? Let me know in the comments below.

Love.