Thursday 3 September 2015

Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadow in Get Lucky - Review

We all love Colourpop, and given that my previous post was also on a Colourpop product, you can see how much I am loving it these days! Recently, when I was going through an eyeshadow phase, I randomly added this eyeshadow to my shopping cart because I love all gold eyeshadows. But unlike the other eyeshadows I have used before, this one is completely different from the rest of them. Read on to find out what sets it apart!


Like the Colourpop Blushes, the eyeshadows are also cased in white, round plastic pots which are super cute. The texture and formula of the eyeshadow is similar to that of the blush. It is moussy, but not creamy nor gel-like. The eyeshadow is buttery smooth and has a beautiful metallic finish which definitely adds a sparkle to you eyes. It is super pigmented and only one swatch can give the full intensity. Once the eyeshadow sets, its does not smudge or move. I swatched it on my arm and then later when I washed it with water, it did not come off. I then tried to wash it with soap and even then it did not move. Lastly when I took a shower, after about 6 hours, the intensity diminished but the eyeshadow did not remove completely from my arm. I think that pretty much sums it all; the lasting power and the smudge-proofness of this wonderful eyeshadow.



Get Lucky is a gorgeous, metallic antique gold with warm undertones. It is not a true gold as compared to Urban Decay's Half Baked but it is in a league of its own. The key to applying this eyeshadow is by tapping it on your eyelids with your fingers and then using a fluffy blending brush to blend your eyeshadow together and set your eye makeup.


I am totally digging this eyeshadow and will definitely be adding more to my collection. The smoothness and finish of this has totally blown me over. Would wholly recommend this to everyone.


I bought my Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadow from Zensky for PKR 820/-. It retails for $5 on the website.

Have you tried any of the Colourpop products? How do you like them?

Love.