Monday 14 September 2015

Sephora Cream Lipstain in 03 Strawberry Kissed - Review

Lipstains, especially matte ones are the rage these days. The formula is a little drying, but a matte lip lover like myself, is prepared to overlook that and in all honesty, a matte lip, no matter how drying doesn't bother me in the least bit. I was casually surfing the internet one day when I came across this Sephora Lipstain in the shade Strawberry Kissed and it took one look for me to fall in love with the color. Hot Pink is my total fave as far as lip colors are concerned! Unfortunately, I was not prepared to wait for it to come, so I asked my cousin coming from Canada to get it for me and needless to say I was super happy and excited with my purchase! Read on for a review on this delicious delight!

Like most lipstains and matte lip creams, the Sephora Lipstains come in round tubes. The tube is made of plastic and is transparent and hence you can see the color of the lipstain easily. The cap is black and has a doe-foot applicator attached to it.


The lipstain is easy to apply with the doe-foot applicator but you have to be very quick in the application as the lipstain dries very quickly to a matte finish. A technique that I learnt from Nikki Tutorials on Instagram was to use a lip brush to line your lips and then fill them in with the doe-foot applicator and then quickly use a brush to blend and smooth the color. I have used this technique with several lipstains and it has really helped me achieve a smooth pout! And ofcourse, exfoliation prior to application is also a must. The lipstain is very pigmented and one swipe gives the full color. The lipstain dries very quickly and once dry it remains on your lips for more than 6 hours with little eating and drinking. Oily foods does cause it to break and finish but otherwise it is very long-lasting. It is slightly transfer proof, but if you dab it lightly with a tissue paper after it sets, then it does not transfer. It does not feel flaky or dry on the lips, and sometimes it gives me the feeling as if I am not wearing anything on my lips.


Strawberry Kissed is a bright hot pink color, which complements my wheatish complexion (NC20-NC30) wonderfully.


I decided to include a comparison swatch with all the other hot pinks that I have in my collection: MAC's All Fired Up and Colourpop's Lippiestix in I <3 This. You can see that all 3 are different. MAC's All Fired Up is more pink and has less red compared to the Sephora Lipstain, while I <3 This has a purple/fushcia touch to it. All the lipsticks look similar on my lips but they have a different overall effect.


Which lipstains are your current favourite these days?

Love.