Wednesday 27 January 2016

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Vera - Review


All those who know me also know that I am a huge Nars fan! Something about the packaging and products scream so much class and elegance that I cannot stop myself from being drawn to them. This year I splurged (read broke my bank) on two products from Nars: the Audacious Lipstick in Vera and One Shocking Moment Cheek Palette from their Steven Klein Holiday collection. Vera was more of an impulse buy since I was trying to add something to my cart in order to get free shipping at Sephora and after spending a few sleepless nights obsessing over whether to get Vera or Audrey, I decided on Vera (although I do plan on getting Audrey later- Hehehe). Anyways, without further ado I present to you Vera!


Vera is a sexy berry pink lipstick with red undertones. It is housed in the most glamorous black metal tube ever! The packaging is super luxurious and feels like a million dollars. The black metal tube closes magnetically.


Nars Audacious Lipstick in Vera has one of the creamiest formulas! It glides onto the lips without any tugging, hence making the application smooth. It has a slight sheen to it when applied but gradually dries down to a matte finish. You can always dab it with translucent powder or with tissue to make it matte. Once it sets, there is no smudging or bleeding. It is super long-lasting and wears down to a light stain over time, but it doesn't disappear completely until you eat oily foods or rub your lips with tissue. Light dabbing with tissue doesn't remove it.

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Vera - Lip Swatch
Vera is described as a bright raspberry but on me its a beautiful and subtle fall berry shade and I have helplessly fallen in love with it. It is perfect for those winter evenings around a bonfire and gives the most gorgeous pout ever. From the packaging to the formula, this lipstick is definitely worth a splurge. It comes with a hefty price tag of $32 but you can always grab it from the Sephora or Nars occasional 20% sale. Can't wait to add Audrey to my collection next! 

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Vera
Love. 

P.s. I was looking for a possible dupe for Vera and though I don't own anything like Vera, Colourpop LBB comes in the same family although it has more purple tones compared to Vera which has red undertones.

L- Colourpop LBB R-Nars Audacious Lipstick in Vera