Thursday 14 January 2016

Top 15 of 2015!

2015 was the year of makeup for me! I splurged and bought more things than I could ever use. But at the same time I did part with some of my unused makeup and things which I had grown out of. Of course there are somethings which I used (and maybe loved) more than others and here's my top 15 picks from the year 2015!


1) Revlon Colorstay Whipped

It is funny how sometimes the best products are the ones from which you have the least expectations. This foundation was an impulse buy but I am so glad I bought it as it provided a lovely finish to my skin and it survived the long and terribly humid summers of Pakistan.

(Since my pot has finished, I couldn't photograph it).

2) MAC Pro Longwear Concealer


Probably one of my most coveted purchases this year, Mac's Pro Long Wear Concealer has done nothing but make me love it every time I use it. This magic in a bottle provides the best coverage to my pesky dark circles! It is not a cult favourite without a reason! 

Detailed review here.

3) Ben Nye Loose Powder

A little too late to rave about this, but this powder has become my Holy grail for setting my undereye. It brightens my under eye and makes my concealer stay put for a long time without creasing.

4) Nars Blush in Orgasm


The hype is real! I love love love this blush. It looks lovely against my skin tone and adds a luminous glow to face as well.

5) Becca x Jacyln Hill Champagne Pop


This product was probably one of the most raved and loved products of 2015 and honestly speaking it did live up to its hype. Champagne Pop gives the most beautiful glow to the face. It is super buttery and blends like a dream making you look absolutely ethereal. The hype about it is definitely real. Grab it while you can.

Detailed review here.

6) Too Faced Chocolate Bar


Again I have experienced this beauty a little later than the rest of the world, but then again, better late than never. This eye shadow palette is just like chocolate: irresistible. I love the variety of the colours in the palette; there are a bunch of neutrals with a few pop of colours! The pigmentation and blend ability of the blushes is incredible making it a definite favourite!

7) Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadow


Colourpop has certainly dominated my favourites post! Like the blushes, these eyeshadows are also a hybrid between mousse and powder and apply beautifully.

Photographed here are Stereo and Smash, my two favouritest ones!

8) Inglot Gel Eyeliner in #77


After using this eyeliner, there is no looking back. I don't think I'll ever be getting any other eyeliner other than this. It is jet black, glides onto the eyelid like butter and remains on your eyes forever! And it comes with a reasonable price tag also, especially since now it is easily available in the market. This is a must have for every Makeup Pouch.

Detailed review here.

9) Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara


Every time I want eyelashes that flutter like butterflies, I find myself reaching for this mascara. It lengthens, volumizes and curls my lashes significantly making them look super sultry!

10) MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in All Fired Up


This hot pink gorgeousness is a must must have lipstick for every girl. No colour can match up to the beauty that this is! My favouritest shade from MAC!

Detailed review here.

11) Colourpop Lippiestix


2015 was the year of Colourpop! The lippiestix were the first things that I purchased from the brand and needless to say I was impressed with them. The formula, the pigmentation and the lasting power were top notch; and not to forget the vast range of the color choices and the reasonable price tag. Definitely a must have!

Detailed review here.

12) Sephora Lip Stain in Strawberry Kissed


2015 was also the year of liquid lipsticks and the first liquid lipstick that I tried and fell in love with was the Sephora Lip Stain. Not only was the colour beautiful, but the formula was also brilliant! It was not drying and lasted for a long time on the lips.

Detailed review here.

13) LA Girl Pro Conceal in Toast


Contouring  was the rage this year, and although I have tried my share of contouring products, I think this LA Girl Concealer helped me contour my face best. The shade Toast has slightly cooler undertones which makes it wonderful for contouring and creating shadows. The concealer blends well and does not appear patchy.

14) Beauty Blender


I don't think I can ever apply my foundation or concealer without this little sponge! It gives the most flawless finish. Enough said.

15) BH Cosmetics Eye Brushes

Whats the point of having so much makeup and not having the right tools to use with it? I bought these BH Cosmetic brushes on a whim since they weren't any reviews present, but I am totally blown away by them. The quality of the brushes are superb and they help me apply my eye makeup flawlessly!

And I sum up my favourites from 2015! Here's to hoping that 2016 brings more happiness and joy to all of us.

Love.