Saturday 13 February 2016

Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Starlight - Review


Ain't no makeup complete without a highlighter to make your face glow like a 100-watt bulb! In short, its all about the glow these days. With every brand releasing their own highlighters, it was really difficult to choose between then. I was particularly excited that the founder of contour kits, Anastasia Beverly Hills were coming up with their own version of highlighters! At first they were to be Limited Edition, but later on they became permanent! There were four variations to choose from and after a long debate between Riviera and Starlight, I settled on Starlight because I didn't have anything similar to this in my collection. Read on to find out whether they were worth it or not.

My everyday look these days seem to be incomplete without a highlighter as I like a subtle glow and luckily for me, this highlighter is perfect for that. Starlight is a pale white gold, which looks silvery in the pan but translates to give a soft candlelight glow to the face. The texture if the highlighter is a little hard, compared to Becca (which has the most buttery highlighters ever)! However, a dense brush allows you to pick the product well. I usually use my Real Techniques Contour Brush for this purpose. Starlight is extremely pigmented and one swirl in the pan allows me to achieve my desired look. The lasting power has also impressed me greatly. The highlighter lasts for about 6-7 hours of my face and the whole day if I spray my setting spray on top. Using the setting spray also intensifies the highlight.




In the swatches above, I have compared Starlight to the other whitey-gold highlighter that I have in my stash, theBalm's Mary Lou Manizer. Starlight is more white compared to the Lou Manizer which is warmer and more yellow/gold.

Starlight comes in a round black compact which has a mirror also. It has a beautiful pattern which I didn't want to ruin so it took me forever to use it.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Starlight is beautiful and if you are looking for a white gold highlight I would definitely recommend it. 

Love.