Sunday 15 May 2016

Colourpop Matte X Lippie Stix in Poppin' - Review


If matte lipsticks and liquid lipsticks weren't enough, Colourpop decided to up their game and introduce the Matte X Lippie Stix. These lipsticks are supposed to have a long wearing formula with the smoothest, most velvety glide which literally melts onto your lips giving a SUPER matte finish! I received Poppin' as a gift from Colourpop when they reached 2 Million Followers on Instagram and they were giving away this free with every order placed. Read on to find out what's so special about this lipstick.

To begin with, I am in love with the pink packaging of the lippie stix. I already found Colourpop's Lippie Stix tubes to be adorable - make them pink and I will definitely swoon over them. 


Poppin' is a bright hot pink shade with cool, fuchsia undertones. The colour is super bright and gorgeous and perfect for the summer weather. It is the sort of colour which can go with minimal makeup and still make you look like a million dollars! Moving onto the formula, the lippie stix does not glide on your lips as suggested but I used Colourpop's Lippie Primer underneath this and it enabled a smooth, opaque application. Moreover, the formula is slightly powdery and less creamy contrary to the description provided by Colourpop. But I do love the super matte finish of this and the fact that it lasts really long. The thin consistency does not cause this to bleed and makes it comfortable to wear. The colour lasts for about 4-5 hours on my lips before needing a touch up.


Matte lips are my ultimate favourite and after trying a variety of matte lipsticks, I can confidently say that the Colourpop's Matte X Lippie Stix are a must-have. The comfortable wear and the ultra matte look make this a win for me; not to forget the stunning pink colour of Poppin' which is unlike any other shade in my collection as seen in the swatches below. I would definitely recommend you all to check these out. Bootie and Love Life are next on my list.


Have you tried these new releases by Colourpop? Tell me in the comments below.

Love.