Friday 10 June 2016

Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation - Review

Makeup these days is all about flawless and glowing skin. Ofcourse flawless skin comes from eating properly and remaining hydrated, but the cherry on top will be the foundation which perfectly matches your skin colour, undertone and type perfectly. Makeup Forever's HD Foundation has been a favourite for years and recently they changed their formula and introduced the Ultra HD in the market. I never got a chance to experiment with the original version but the Ultra HD Foundation has quickly become a favourite!

Buying foundations online is a makeup addict's biggest dilemma because you are never sure if it will be a match or not. I, too was not confident because the last foundation I bought online was slightly darker on me. However, since we really don't have the option trying the foundation before buying here in Pakistan, I decided to take the leap of faith and order the one which I felt would match my NC 30 best, after my extensive research - 127 Dark Sand. Thankfully, the foundation matched me perfectly. 127 is a medium beige colour with warm undertones. Makeup Forever's Ultra HD Foundation is available in 40 shades which makes choosing the right shade a bit of a dilemma but their foundation guide helps you narrow it. They have split the skin tones into 4 categories: Light =200’s, Medium=300’s, Tan=400’s, and Dark=500’s. After you decide which of the 4 categories you land in, you must decide if you have a red or yellow undertone. Red undertones will have an “R” in front of their 3 digit number and yellow undertones a “Y.” I am Y335 which is a yellow-toned medium foundation.


The formula MUFE's Ultra HD Foundation is brilliant. The coverage is medium to full depending on how much you use. One layer gives medium coverage and you can build it up to give full coverage. The foundation spreads evenly and blends beautifully into the skin without any patchiness. It does not look caked up, and neither does it feel heavy on the skin; it kind of settles as a second skin. It gives a lovely, soft finish to the face covering up all the minor imperfections. I don't have any pore issues, so can't comment on that, but nonetheless, it visibly brightens up my skin and makes my skin appear even. All the other makeup also applies smoothly and the overall finish is impeccable. The foundation transfers slightly and lasts for almost 6-8 hours on my face.

As you can see in the picture below, the foundation has covered the redness and my face is looking brighter and more even-toned even though I had applied it lightly. 


I apply the foundation on my face using a regular foundation brush and then blend it out with a Beauty Blender for an airbrushed look.

MUFE's Ultra HD Foundation has really won me over and I cannot help but rave about it. It is definitely one of my favourite foundations and it photographs beautifully.

Makeup Forever's Ultra HD Foundation retails for $43 and is available on Sephora.

Love.