Tuesday 17 January 2017

Best of Beauty - 2016

Hello hello! Been off the radar for ages now thanks to the hectic wedding season which was followed by a terrible viral infection. Nonetheless, finally decided to sit and write down about the products which I discovered and loved using the past year. It feels like I wrote about my last yearly favourites just yesterday. Without any further ado, I present to you the Best of Beauty for 2016.

Primer - MUFE Primer

This product has been a wonder product for my normal to dry skin, especially in the winters since it smoothens and moisturizes the skin for easy application of foundation. Plus it helps my makeup and foundation stay put for hours at a stretch. 



Foundation - MUFE Ultra HD Foundation

For a flawless and natural looking skin, this is the foundation to have! It not only melts into your skin and looks extremely natural, it also photographs beautifully. Furthermore, the shade range is brilliant and there is bound to be a match for everyone.

For reference, I am NC 30, with warm undertones and Y335 (Sand) is a perfect match for me.

Concealer - Urban Decay Weightless Concealer


Concealer is an absolute must for me given my pesky undereye circles. Plus a concealer always brightens up the whole face beautifully. This year, the concealer I have loved the most has got to be the Urban Decay Weightless Concealer mainly because it feels weightless and looks absolutely flawless and radiant. 
Powder - Ben Nye Powder


The Ben Nye Yellow Powder is absolutely wonderful for baking the undereye as well as setting the rest of the face. It sets the foundation and concealer well as well as brightens the complexion.

(Unfortunately, my Ben Nye finished and the next one is in transit which is why there is no picture of it.)
Setting Spray - NYX Dewy Setting Spray

I've already finished one bottle of this spray and have ordered 2 more. This shows how much I love this spray. It not only makes my makeup stay in place all day, but it also makes my highlighter and blush pop. Indeed a drugstore gem!


Blush - Clinique Cheek Pops

These blushes by Clinique are absolutely adorable with their flowery pattern in the little round pots. The blushes are finely milled and apply with utmost ease. They are not intensely pigmented, however they are buildable and once set, they last almost all day. 

Highlighter - Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit

This 4-pan highlighter kit is every girl's dream. That Glow has the perfect gold-toned highlighters for all warm-toned, Asian skintones. The powders are power packed and have the most amazing pigmentation ever for the most blinding glow ever.

Contour - ELF Contour Kit

The Contour Kit by ELF has definitely surpassed my higher end contour kits. It has 4 shades: a contour powder, a bronzer, a highlighter and a yellow setting powder. All the powders are finely milled and apply with ease. The crowning glory of this kit has to be the contour powder which is the perfect contour colour.


Eyeshadow - Lorac Pro 3

This palette is a neutral shadows lover's dream come true. There is a stunning variety of matte and shimmer shades which are buttery, smooth and pigmented. I would definitely recommend everyone to get their hands on this palette because it is totally amazing. The only drawback is that there is a lot of fall-out given how smooth the shadows are. 

Eyeliner - Inglot AMC Gel Eyeliner

Been using this eyeliner for almost 2 years now and I still can't stop obsessing over it. The eyeliner is the blackest black eyeliner I have ever used. It is creamy, pigmented and does not budge once set. Need I say more?

Mascara - Benefit Roller Lash


The Benefit Roller Lash Mascara is perfect for lash combing as well as adding a good amount of volume, curl and length to the lash. However, for a more dramatic look it is always suggested to use more than one mascara. 

Honoury Mention: Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

This mascara adds the most gorgeous volume to my lashes which looks totally sexy!

Brows - Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade

Cannot live without this product. Though I have tried using a variety of products such as pencils and eyeshadows for filling my brows, nothing comes close to this wonder product. The Pomade is creamy while being waterproof at the same time. 


Lipstick - Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks

These liquid lipsticks have the most comfortable formula out of all the liquid lipsticks that I have tried. They are creamy and pigmented and long-lasting which make them worth every penny spent.

Honoury Mention - Milani Amore Matte Lip Cremes

Milani Amore Matte Lip Cremes come in the most stunning of shades. The formula of the darker shades is a little on the drier side but still they are not uncomfortable to wear. They are also long-lasting.



Brushes - Morphe Brushes

2016 was the year, I discovered the Morphe Brushes and I am so glad that I did. These brushes are reasonable and are amazing. M439 is my favourite for applying and blending my foundation; M501 is the perfect highlighter brush for a precise highlighter application; M441, M433 and M504 are all brilliant for blending eyeshadows especially in the corners and crease -  in fact they make eyeshadow blending a piece of cake. Will definitely recommend these brushes to all makeup enthusiasts.

And with that, I wrap up the Best of Beauty for the year 2016. Looking forward to an exciting 2017. Have lots of reviews and projects lined up for the blog.

Love.