Wednesday 23 August 2017

Jouer Cosmetics Long-Wear Lip Creme Liquid Lipstick in Fraise Bon Bon - Review

Jouer Cosmetics is a fairly young brand and has recently become popular thanks to their stunning variety of liquid lipsticks and blinding highlighters. The brand had intrigued me for quite a while and when my friend tried and raved their lip cremes, especially Fraise Bon Bon, I was sold.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that pinks, especially bright pinks are my ultimate lip colour weakness so it was pretty obvious that I would get Fraise Bon Bon. Starting off with the packaging, I love the small rectangular tube since it is different from the rest of the liquid lipsticks. Other than that, it has the usual doe-foot applicator for lipstick application.


The formula of the Jouer Cosmetics Lip Creme is a bit tricky to deal with. I had heard great things about the formula and I was expecting it to be a lot like Kat Von D's, which in my opinion has the most comfortable formula. However, this was very different from that. While the formula is creamy and smooth, it is difficult to apply it since it dries very quickly which leaves you with no time to fix any errors that might have been made. Furthermore, a while after application, the lipstick begins to flake and crumble which is really annoying. I've tried using a primer as well as a lip liner underneath before applying but that doesn't really prevent crumbling. The only solution I have figured out is to use as little product as possible and not layer too much. Fortunately, the lipstick is pigmented which means you can get away with using as little product as possible. Jouer's Lip Creme is extremely long-lasting to the point that it even survives an oily meal. Once you put it on, you do not need to reapply it. 


The colour is the best part about this liquid lipstick. Though it appears red in the tube and pictures, Fraise Bon Bon is a bright, coral-hot pink. I have been using it a lot in the summer because it instantly lights up your face.


Because of the colour and lasting power of this, I love this liquid lipstick. However, the formula needs some working and I hope Jouer looks into this. 

Jouer Cosmetics is available on their official website, as well as on Dermstore.com which is the best place to buy these because they carry other brands and have regular sales. 

Love.