Saturday 12 August 2017

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation - Review

Too Faced's Chocolate Bar is my all time favourite palette and I can always rely on it no matter what sort of look I want to do. Other than this, the Better Than Sex Mascara, the Melted Kisses, and the Hangover Primer are also amazing products by Too Faced and I love them. So when I was placing my Sephora order and was stuck at which foundation to buy between Kat Von D's Lock It Foundation and the Born This Way one, I decided to get this one because of my faith in this brand.

First of all, I love the bottle of this foundation. It's made of glass and is pretty heavy which adds a very luxurious feel to it. The shape of the bottle is short and round. 


Moving onto the formula of the foundation. The consistency of the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation is on the thicker side, without being too thick. Hence, it provides medium to full coverage depending on the quantity. It blends well onto the skin without appearing cakey or heavy, even with layering. The lasting power of the the foundation is pretty good; it lasts for almost 8-10 hours depending on the environment you are in since it is not entirely water resistant or sweat resistant as compared to the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. However, I have noticed that after 6 hours, it begins to feel slightly oily on the skin. At that point, it is best to dab your skin with blotting or tissue papers so that the excess oil is absorbed and your skin can feel lighter. Furthermore, the foundation is also not entirely transfer-proof and transfers slightly here and there, especially if not set properly with setting powder. 


I think Born This Way would be better suited for the cooler months as it is not entirely sweat-proof and will fade out in the humidity even though when set well, it does stay on for a while before melting off. 

As far as the shades are concerned, the foundation comes in a variety of shades with different undertones, so I'm sure it won't be hard to find a good match. I have a medium-toned complexion, with warm undertones and Warm Beige is a good fit for me. For further reference, I am NC 25-30 in MAC. 

Love.