Friday 29 September 2017

Travel Diaries ft. Skincare

Hello hello! Have been totally missing in action the past few weeks because of my recent trip into the heart of Africa, Kenya. All those of you who follow me on social media must have seen pictures and other snippets from my trip. Anywho, throughout the trip I got queries and messages from my friends and followers on how I was maintaining a skincare regime while living out of a suitcase.

Maintaining a healthy skincare regime is extremely important while travelling because your skin is exposed to a whole lot of external agents such as dust, pollution etc depending on where you are. Other factors such as diet and water intake also effect the skin making it even more essential to ensure that your skin is well taken care of. While packing I made sure that I packed everything which was part of my regular skincare routine because I knew that my trip will be action-packed and full of adventure.


The basics of skincare is Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing (CTM). This is something that should be done EVERY SINGLE NIGHT regardless of whether you wear makeup or not. For cleansing and removing makeup, I included the Garnier Skinactive Micellar Cleansing Water and Nivea Refreshing Cleansing Milk as well as a small bottle of Coconut Oil (not pictured) by Serene Organics to remove stubborn makeup such as gel eyeliner and mascara.


After removing all traces of makeup from my face, I would wash my face with the Ponds Pure White Pollution Out + Purity Facial Foam which has really suited my skin well, to ensure that my face was squeaky clean. After washing my face, I would used the Loreal Skin Perfection Velvety-Soft Toner to close and settle the pores. Once the cleansing and toning was done, I moisturized my face with my ever favourite Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Last but not the least, I tried to have at least 2 glasses of water before sleeping.


After every 3-4 days, I would mask my skin using the Loreal Pure Clay Detox & Brighten Charcoal Face Mask. Because my skin was exposed to a lot of dust, I carried this mask because it effectively deep cleanses the pores. Regular masking prevented the combination of dust and makeup from settling into the skin and causing breakouts. Hence, all through the trip I did not have any unwelcome pimples or breakouts. Yayyyy!

I hope this blogpost helps everyone, especially those who will be travelling in the future. And I cannot emphasize enough on the importance of a proper skincare routine to help you look your best during the trip, especially in pictures.

Looking forward to all the feedback!

Love.