Thursday 6 December 2018

Maybelline Hyper Impact Liner - Review

To be very honest, I'm VERY particular about my eyeliner. It needs to be the perfect black and should have the perfect matte finish, else I'm just not buying it. For the longest time, I've been loyal to my Inglot Gel Eyeliner in #77 considering it is the blackest black eyeliner out there and once applied, stays put. Plus I feel more comfortable applying eyeliner with a brush. But let's face it, properly washing the brushes proves to be a hassle as does removing the eyeliner - it's an elaborate 3-step process in my case.


The other day as I was browsing the makeup counters at Al-Fatah, I came across this eyeliner pen by Maybelline and decided to give it a try as it appeared promising. And thankfully, the product did not disappoint.

Maybelline's liner comes in the shape of a typical pen. However, it's thicker than most other pens I've used in the past allowing a better grip and more control. The felt-tip is quite thin which means that you can draw a line as per your requirement, as well as add wings.


As far as the finish is concerned, I'm happy to report that it meets my requirements: the finish is deep black, matte and long-lasting. Of course, not as long-lasting as gel eyeliner but will last the whole day without bleeding. I haven't cried with this on, but as with most liquid eyeliners, I'm assuming this will bleed.


A closer look

On the whole, Maybelline's eyeliner is a great product for everyday and office wear. It is priced at PKR 1,500.

Love.