Saturday 17 November 2018

Six locally available products to include in your makeup pouch!

The one question I get a lot is what good makeup is available locally in the stores, considering the limited options and brands available. Keeping this in mind, I decided to make a short list of products which you must include in your makeup kit. I tailored the list considering the shaadi season is descending upon us fast.

Listing only six options was quite a feat to be honest because the market is full of wonderful products at affordable prices. Nonetheless, here goes:

Bourjouis Healthy Mix Foundation

With the wedding season rolling in, my mother wanted me to buy her a foundation which would make her skin look fresh and natural. Bourjois' Healthy Mix has always been recommended and after browsing through the makeup aisles for other options, I decided to get her this one and boy I'm glad I did. The foundation applies easily and blends seamlessly into the skin. But what really blew me away was the finish. The foundation brings the skin to life and adds a subtle glow without appearing dewy. It doesn't settle into the fine lines or highlights the wrinkles. Safe to say that this is possibly the best foundation you'll find in Pakistan.

Inglot Gel Eyeliner in #77

I cannot remember the number of pots of Inglot's Gel Eyeliner in #77 I've gone through. To put it one word, this product is stellar: the finish is deep black, matte and long-lasting, and by long-lasting, I mean super long lasting (I legit follow a 3-step process to remove it). Apart from being used as an eyeliner, it can also be used for tightlining, lining the eyes and as a base for a smokey eye.

Masarrat Misbah Blush

With an impressive shade range and quality, Masarrat Misbah's blushes are the best we have available in the market. They are pigmented, long-lasting and easy to blend. Apricot Shell and Ballet Glow are my favourite from the lot.

Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter

Let's be honest, the glow is all we're looking for nowadays and highlighters in the local market are pretty limited. Maybelline recently introduced these highlighters in two shades. I got the shade in Molten Bronze and I love the sunkissed glow it gives me. Read the full review on this product here.

Samah M Eyelashes

Step aside Huda Beauty, you got competition. Samah M, a makeup artist based in Lahore, introduced her lashes in the market last year. Though the lashes are available in a variety of designs, Noshi has to be my favourite. The lashes are of amazing quality and appear natural. Their band is the perfect size, making for easy application. Plus they're reasonably priced at PKR 1500 each.

Zhoosh Brow Pomade

Thick and full brows continue to remain in fashion and we do secretly hope that it stays that way. The idea of pencil thin, archy brows does make us shudder. To achieve the perfect brow look, one does need to fill them in slightly and Zhoosh's Brow Pomade does the job perfectly. The product is adequately pigmented, however, one still needs to be careful while applying else you might end up with too-dark brows.

Hope this list was helpful. Let me know what you will be getting from this list.

Love.