Wednesday 26 February 2014

Sleek Blush in Sunrise - Review


Sleek blushes need no introduction. They have been raved, reviewed and LOVED by women and bloggers all over the world - I have yet to read a bad review on them. They are compared to high-end brands and a lot of bloggers have commented how similar they are to the NARS blushes, in packing as well as otherwise. I had my eye on Sleek's Blush by 3 in Lace, but just4girls was out of stock for quite a while. So on their recent sale, I decided to pick up a Sleek blush. The colors were limited (most of them being sold out), but after some thinking I ordered one in Sunrise. There were limited reviews on this one, but my expectations were high. Read on to find out whether Sleek's blush in Sunrise met my expectations or not!


The Sleek blushes comes in a black compact, which is sturdy and sleek. The lid closes with a tight clasp, making it extremely travel friendly. There is a mirror inside on the lid also. Although there is nothing fancy about the packaging, I'm absolutely in love with it!

For some odd reason, the color kept on coming pink in the camera. In real life, it tilts more towards the brownish/reddish side.
Sleek's Blush in Sunrise took no time in becoming one of my favourite blushes. The packaging had already won me over, but the product itself is beauty. The blush looks daunting in the pan, but once applied it gives a gorgeous pinkish-brownish glow to your face (Honestly, I don't know how to describe thos color. When I first swatched it I almost thought that this was like the NARS Orgasm, but this has a deeper color than the Orgasm. This leans more towards the combination of pink and brown). The color reminds me of the reddish/orange autumn leaves, which does make it perfect for autumn/winter. The blush is shimmery, with finely milled glitter pieces which blend perfectly into the skin, adding that glow to your face. The pigmentation of the blush is out of this world! You really need to have a light hand, because a little extra powder and you can end up looking like a clown (happened with me several times :p). The lasting power of the blush is amazing also; I've worn it for a maximum of 7 hours and it has stayed put with little fading.













Overall, this blush is definitely a gem and I cannot wait to get the other shades, especially Suede and Flamingo!

Have you tried any of the Sleek blushes? Let us know in the comments below.

Love.