Thursday 7 August 2014

BioDerma Sensibio H2O - Review

The BioDerma Sensibio H2O is a micellar water which is used to remove makeup and is rumored to be the mother of all makeup removers.


Micellar Water is this latest innovation which involves micelles which are tiny oil molecules suspended in water. These molecules dissolve the makeup and dirt on your skin leaving it clean and fresh. Though the water contains oil in it, the solution does not feel oily to the face; instead it feels refreshing.


I had not read many reviews on the BioDerma, but I was excited to try out this new product. The price was a bit steep if I ordered it, so I was skeptical and indecisive of whether I should order it or not. When I saw the 250ml bottle at a local store, with a not-so-expensive price tag, I immediately picked it. Since, this is the first time I splurged on a makeup remover, I am very careful while using it. I just add a few drops of the liquid onto a cotton bud and gently remove my makeup starting from the eyes. The remover does not dissolve the makeup in one go, instead you have to keep going over the area gently to remove all traces of makeup. It removes all the waterproof eyeliners and mascara giving you bright and clean eyes. The pink version of the bottle is for sensitive skin, therefore, when I use it to remove makeup from my waterline, it doesn't irritate me, unless I act like a complete idiot and soak the cotton. In that case, I do experience mild irritation and watering of the eyes. BioDerma also does a good job in removing all the makeup from the face and you don't require a lot of effort with that.

What I usually do is first wash off my makeup with a facewash (Pond's Pure White Facewash), then I go over my face and eyes with the BioDerma and then I wash my face again with plain water. In the end I spritz my face with Saeed Ghani's Rose Water and it gives me clean skin.


I really like the BioDerma Sensibio H2O and since I'm big on skincare currently, this is a good addition to my skincare routine. It is absolutely necessary for you to remove your makeup properly at the end of the day, especially before sleeping, otherwise it will sit in your pores and accumulate causing blackheads, breakouts and acne.

I bought the BioDerma Sensibio H2O from Shams, F-6, Islamabad for 950 rupees. It is also available at Shaheen Chemist, Islamabad and D Watson, Islamabad. Alternatively, you can also order it online via Facebook pages.

Love.