Saturday 2 August 2014

NYX Blush in Pinched - Review


Whoever has heard about the famous NARS Orgasm has probably heard about NYX Pinched also. It is rumoured to be Orgasm's drugstore sister although I cannot confirm whether this is true or not because I don't own NARS Orgasm. Pinched was my first purchase from NYX;read on to find out my thoughts on it.
NYX is a drugstore brand which is fairly popular in America, mainly because of the amazing quality and affordable prices.


The NYX Blush comes in a small, square compact. The compact has no mirror, instead the top of the compact is transparent allowing you to see the product inside. The compact is sturdy and there is nothing cheap about the packaging.


When I initially swatched the blush, I was extremely disappointed with it. That's probably because I was expecting alot from it, given the reviews that I had read and seen people rave about it. My first swatch was very light and there was no sheen in it. Also my RT Blush Brush was also not picking up any products and I had to swirl and apply it several times before the color showed up on my face. But ofcourse, since I had been craving it for so long, I did not want to give up on it. After several uses and swatches, the color began to show up on my face and now I literally cannot stop using it. I love the blush to pieces. It is highly pigmented, blendable and looks amazing. Pinched is a deep pink color with gold sheen in it. Once, on the face, the golden sheen is not very visible and fades after a while. The color lasts for almost 4-5 hours on my face in this humidity before fading.

Blended Out
Heavy Swatch
















I bought my NYX Blush from Hash for 800 rupees. Read about my haul from Hash here. It is now also available on Just4Girls. They have added a new range of drugstore brands on their website, so its a must visit now!

Have you tried any of the NYX Blushes?

Love.