Thursday 9 October 2014

Maybelline The Colossal Kajal in 12H Extra Black - Review


Maybelline's Facebook page is buzzing with the #smudgefree movement. I spotted these pencils way before the movement began and given how much I love eyeliners, I couldn't resist buying these. Read on for a full review on this #smudgefree eyeliner!

This Maybelline Colossal Kajal is packaged in a black and yellow stick and this color coordination does not appeal to me much. The pencil is retractable making it convenient because sharpening tends to be such a hassle. However the downside is that you don't get sharp point for fine lines.


While I (and my mother; she deserves special mention because she's a hard person to please :p) love the Maybelline Colossal Kajal, it received a lot of mixed reviews and some bloggers didn't really like it. A liner is a must in my daily regime and after testing out this liner, I can say that this definitely passes the test. This Maybelline Colossal Kajal is deep black, pigmented, long-lasting and the right amount of creamy. It glides onto your eyelid without much hassle and doesn't tug. The lasting power of the kajal is incredible also and it lasts throughout the day on my eyelids (I powder my eyelids lightly before applying any eyeliner as it creates an even base and reduces oiliness). The liner does not come off completely when I wash my face with a simple facewash but it requires more effort in removing. I use my Bioderma (Review) to remove it completely; you can use your regular makeup remover to remove the eyeliner.
Swatch of the Maybelline Colossal Kajal on my arm
On the whole, this liner is a must for me, mostly because I toss it into my purse for emergencies since it is hassle free and doesn't require any brush or sharpening.

The Maybelline Colossal Kajal in 12H Extra Black retails at PKR 399/- and is available at most cosmetic stores across Pakistan. It is also available for delivery at Just4girls.pk.

Love.