Monday 30 March 2015

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams - Review

I have a weakness for matte lips so these NYX Soft Matte Lips Creams were hard to miss. Read on for a full detailed review on these!

The NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams are adorably packaged in small tubes which are almost the size of my palm in length. The color of each tube is the same as the color of the lip cream, The tubes have a black rubber cap which has a doe foot applicator attached to it. This doe foot applicator is used to apply the cream on your lips. The cream literally applies like a cream onto your lips. It is so smooth that it applies like a dream onto your lips. Usually, one dip in the tube is enough to cover both the lips since the creams are so pigmented. I use the doe foot applicator to apply and spread the cream and if needed, I use my fingers. The creams are slightly glossy at first but they dry to a completely matte finish within 2 minutes after which they almost begin to feel like a second lip. The cream does tend to settle in the fine lines, but this is not so evident from a distance. I would of course suggest you to keep your lips in good shape, because it is an absolute must if you want to rock matte lips. On my lips, the cream tends to last 3 - 4 hours with little drinking and eating, but usually after this time I rub it off my lips and then reapply. Since the tubes are easy to carry around and application is easy, I just throw this in my bag and touch up whenever I want.


Coming onto the shades, I have Ibiza, San Paulo and Antwerp currently. The first matte lip cream I bought was Antwerp because it seemed like a safe shade. Antwerp is a lovely light coral shade, which fortunately doesn't wash me out. Its a great everyday wear color, especially in the spring and summer.

San Paulo is a deep pink color with warm undertones which compliments my wheatish complexion. It can be worn lightly as an everyday color or can be layered to create something more intense.

Ibiza is the most recent addition to my collection and I love it so much that I'm looking for excuses to wear this color. Ibiza is a bright pinky coral which instantly brightens up your face.



These Soft Matte Lip Creams are wonderful and I would recommend everyone to get their hands on at least one color. I have my eyes on Cannes next, but it is out of stock every where so I will grab it as soon as I get the opportunity. These lip creams are widely available on all Facebook Stores for PKR 850-1000.

Love.