Thursday 19 March 2015

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle - Review


No makeup lover's highlighter collection is complete without MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. I had been waiting patiently to add this to my collection and my birthday seemed to be the perfect opportunity to splurge on this. Read on to find out what makes this product a cult favourite.


MAC Soft and Gentle is cased in a black compact which closes with a magnetic clasp. The compact has no mirror in it. The magnetic clasp sort of makes me think that the compact is not very travel-friendly although the plastic seems sturdy enough, so I still keep it in the cardboard box when I travel. MAC recently changed the packaging of these products and this new packaging received a lot of negative reviews but fortunately for me, I am indifferent towards the new packaging.












The highlighter itself is beautiful beyond belief. MAC describes Soft and Gentle as "gilded peach bronze", but in my opinion it is more of a peachy champagne with hints of bronze and neutral undertones as it suits both warm and cool toned complexions. The highlighter is baked and hence not very finely milled and glitter particles are visible in the pan but the powder translates onto the skin to give a beautiful frosty sheen which adds the perfect pop of glow to my face. This glow looks stunning in real life and photographs beautifully too! Soft and Gentle doesn't accentuate any pores on my face, but I would suggest you to keep a light hand with this because if you load too much of the product onto your face, your face will start looking oily and tan because of the bronze undertones in the highlighter. The lasting power of the highlighter is brilliant as it lasts till I remove my makeup. Sealing it with a makeup fixer is even better, as it not only brings out the glow, but it also makes the highlighter last longer. Currently, I use my Real Techniques Contour Brush (Review) to apply and blend the powder on my cheekbones.

MAC Soft and Gentle Swatch

MAC Soft and Gentle Swatch in different light

MAC Soft and Gentle applied on cheeks. Lipstick is MAC Retro Matte in All Fired Up
Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle is worth every penny and if you are a fan of the 100-watt glow or highlighters, I would definitely suggest you to invest in this. And with 10 g of product, this investment is likely to last a lifetime.



Love,