Saturday 16 May 2015

tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour Blush in Tipsy - Review


tarte's Amazonian clay blushes are not unheard of and Tipsy is one of the most popular of them all. Tipsy was an impulse buy and I still cannot decide whether I love it or hate it. Read on to find out about my love hate relationship with this cult favourite.

The packaging of the blush is something that I love. The blush comes in a round compact which is the same pretty color as the blush in it. The compact has a mirror and a clasp which closes firmly. The compact is pretty heavy.


Tipsy is a lovely pinky, coral color which gives a nice flush of color to the cheeks. Pair it with a highlighter and you have lovely 100-watt cheeks, something which I absolutely love. However, the texture of the blush is hard and you need a bit of effort to pick up the product with your brush. I guess this is because of the amazonian clay with which the blushes are made. Despite the hard texture, the blush blends well and is decently pigmented. The lasting power of the blush varies. If you wear it with a foundation and setting spray the blush lasts all night. However, if you apply it on bare face, the blush lasts for a few hours. I haven't noticed it lasting for 12 hours. This was a bit of a disappointment because tarte does claim that it lasts for 12 hours. The color and the overall effect of the blush is something that I love, while the texture and the longevity is something that I don't like and hence the love-hate relationship.


Tipsy swatched on arm
tarte's Amazonian clay 12-hour blushes retail for $28 and are available on tarte's website and Sephora. You can ask any of the pages mentioned here to arrange it for you. They are usually available for PKR 3000-3400.

I am looking to add Exposed to my collection next. What are your views on the tarte blushes?

Love.