Saturday 23 May 2015

Benefit's The Real Steal - Review


Getting a full-sized They're Real Mascara and a deluxe Push Up Eyeliner is definitely a steal. This is one of the best sets hat Benefit has come up with it because it combines two of Benefit's best-selling products which is why it was so hard to resist this set.



A cult favourite, Benefit's They're Real Mascara is not unheard of. The mascara promises to volumize and lengthen the lashes to the extent that they look like fake lashes. After applying the mascara, I was a little disappointed since my lashes did not look like fake lashes at all, even so they did not look super dramatized either. My lashes were curled slightly upwards and lengthened slightly but nothing too dramatic as I expected. The wand has spiky combs on it, which tend to poke your eyes if you are not careful (Been there done that, and at moments like those I hated this mascara :P) However, the wand is perfect to comb out your lashes and separate them so that they do not clump. The consistency of the mascara is great and allows for smooth application. The mascara is not waterproof but it does remain on your lashes and keeps them uplifted till you cleanse and wash it out.

                                                                                    Benefit's They're Real Mascara applied on lashes

They're Real Mascara applied with eyeliner


When They're Real Push Up Liner was first released, there was a lot of hype surrounding it. The bloggers and makeup artists either loved it or they hated it. I was curious to know the hype behind this, but at the same time I did not want to splurge on an expensive eyeliner and so I waited. And lucky for me, I got the eyeliner in this set. In my opinion, the eyeliner is great. It is super-black and extremely long-lasting. It is so long-lasting that it survived a water fight, followed by a bath. After both activities, it was removed only slightly and that too near the lashes so I quickly re-applied and I was good to go. The formula is a bit on the drier side, which I find to be good because you can control the application. The eye liner applicator is angled and soft, so it is easy to spread and apply the product. I will definitely be using the applicator with my other gel eyeliners when this finishes. Basically, you are supposed to twist the pen, which will bring out the product to the applicator. I think that one twist takes out too much product, so I dab the gel onto my hand and then use it for both my eyes. Once the eyeliner sets, it is almost impossible to remove it without a proper eye makeup remover. So overall, this eyeliner is superb and mine is almost finishes now. I had been applying it only on special

Benefit's Push Up Eyeliner applied on eyelid
Benefit's The Real Steal is a great value set and definitely worth every bit of money I spent on it, since I got 2 products in the price of 1 They're Real Mascara. Not to forget, I got this set at Sephora's 20% off Black Friday sale which makes it even a bigger steal for me. This set has probably been discontinued, however, similar sets are available on Sephora and Ulta.

Benefit's The Real Steal retailed for $24, and I got it for PKR 2600 from Makeup and Accessories.

What are your thoughts on They're Real Mascara and Push Up Liner?

Love.