Monday 13 July 2015

ELF Mist and Set - Review


If there is one product that I swear by in this sweltering heat, then it has to ELF Mist and Set. This little drugstore goodness is magic in a bottle. After hearing good reviews on this, I decided to invest in this setting spray. And honestly speaking, it has changed the finish of my makeup. Read on for a full review on this beauty!

Has it ever happened with you that you end up putting too much powder in the process of setting and blending your makeup? Or you end up putting too much foundation? Or that you carefully apply blush and highlighter only to realize that it hardly shows. I was a victim of all such situations and I would be very annoyed when my blush or highlighter wouldn’t show. On the recommendation of a few friends, I ordered this. When I used this initially, I thought that this was probably a waste of money since it did nothing. But then again back then, I hardly used any makeup. However, now I have fallen madly in love with this spray, so much so that my first bottle is finished and I am waiting for my next one to come! ELF’s Mist and Set is definitely magic in a bottle. After applying all my makeup, I lightly spritz this all over my face and then wait for about 5-7 minutes for it to dry completely and voila! Everything on my face seems to have blended together perfectly and all the high points of my makeup including my blush and highlighter seem to have tripled in their intensity. The mist gives a smooth finish to my makeup and adds that extra glow to my face which I totally adore. The color of the spray is transparent, and it leaves behind a thin film on my face, which once settles and dries does not feel uncomfortable at all. However, the only drawback is that this product tastes horrible so you have to be careful not to spray it on your lips, something which I have done several times now. Lol :P

MAC Soft and Gentle topped with ELF Mist and Spray
Lipstick: MAC All Fired Up
ELF Mist and Set comes in a small bottle with a spray nozzle. In some reviews that I have read, the bloggers complain that the nozzle does not spray evenly. However, I have not noticed any such problem. The bottle is small, hence travel-friendly and it can be easily popped in your bag for a touch up later on in the day.

ELF Mist and Set is a definite must-have product, especially in this heat. It can not only be used to seal and set your makeup, you can also spray this on your eye makeup brushes to increase the intensity of your eyeshadows and help them last longer.

ELF Mist and Set retails for $3 and can be bought from any Facebook store for about PKR 650/-.

Which is your favourite setting spray? Love.