Saturday 22 August 2015

Colourpop Super Shock Cheek Color in Between the Sheets - Review


Hello hello! I have been super lazy about life generally and hence no blog posts for a while. But now I will hopefully be posting regularly as I have collected lots of new makeup, all of which needs to be reviewed! I'll begin with reviewing a blush from the much raved brand Colourpop! Colourpop has taken the makeup world by storm and like always, I was a little late to jump on the Colourpop bandwagon. But then again, better late then never. So without any further ado, lets begin!












The Colourpop Blushes are cased in simple, round white pots. There is nothing fancy about the packaging but I must admit that I do find their simplicity quite attractive.


Upon first touch, the blush feels extremely smooth, buttery and soft. In fact it's so soft that the slightest touch of your finger leaves a mark on the blush which has a very pretty design made on it. Since, I was super excited to use it, I did not wait to photograph it first and hence the design cannot be seen in the pictures. The texture of the blush seems to gravitate between mousse and powder and hence requires a bit of effort. It is a little difficult to apply and blend it with the fingers unlike the Super Shock eyeshadows which apply easily with fingers. Most blogs recommend you to use a stippling brush with these blushes but since my ELF Stippling Brush broke and I have not gotten around to getting a new one, I decided to use my Real Techniques Blush Brush. However, that turned out to be too big and fluffy and hence it did not pick any product. Then I tried using a small unbranded blush brush which surprisingly got along wonderfully with the blush. So now I apply the blush with that brush and then blend it out with my Real Techniques Blush Brush which is amazing for diffusing out the color and making it look natural.


Between the Sheets is a soft pinky with hints of coral and a matte finish. It gives a nice color to the cheeks when applied properly and I have been using it regularly ever since I got it. The pigmentation is pretty great but, given the texture, I need several applications to get my desired color. However, the lasting power of the blush is brilliant and it lasted almost the whole day on my face in this crazy humidity, but with a foundation underneath and a setting spray on top of it. Paired with a highlighter, it looks even more gorgeous!


Colourpop's Super Shock Cheek Color definitely lived up to my expectation and I am looking forward to adding more colors to my collection.

These blushes retail for $8 in the US and are available for PKR 1200-1400 in Pakistan. I bought my blush from Zensky, which by the way is my favouritest online page these days. They're deliveries are prompt and their prices are unbeatable, not to forget very tempting also. Would definitely recommend everyone to shop from there.

Have you tried any of the Colourpop Super Shock Cheek Colors? Let me know in the comments below.

Love.