Tuesday 22 December 2015

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW 20 - Review


Battling dark circles and having a brighter under eye has become my makeup goal and while I should be concentrating on fixing this problem by eating better and sleeping like a normal person, I'd rather use the weapons of makeup to try and fix this. Ever since I discovered the power of a concealer, there is rarely a day that I go without it and I have quite a variety of concealers in my collection from high-end to drugstore. After reading rave reviews on the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, I decided that I needed to get my hands on this asap. I landed at Al Fatah at Lahore only to discover that they did not have NC 20 available. But of course the makeup craving got the better of me and 10 minutes later I walked out with NW 25.


I had a read at a few places that the pink undertones in NW 20 would help to counteract dark circles without an orange corrector and hence I was not too guilty about this impulsive purchase. Now that I have tried this concealer with and without an orange corrector, I am happy to tell that it looks great both ways, but the under eye looks slightly more flawless with an orange corrector.


MAC Pro Longwear Concealer comes in a small glass bottle with a pump, which tends to dispense more product than needed. I try my best to press it slightly so that less product comes out, but unfortunately I haven't really been successful. Other than that I love the bottle; it is a welcome change from the usual tube concealers.


Pro Longwear is definitely an apt word to describe this concealer because it definitely lasts forever (I haven't tried it in the summer heat as yet, but I'm sure it'll last). The concealer is such that it kind of like sticks onto the skin and is waterproof. I have washed my hands with soap, while the concealer was at the back of my hand and it did not wash away and I could still see it. The consistency of the concealer gravitates towards the runny side, but it is not creamy and requires a tad bit more effort to blend. I use my Beauty Blender to give a flawless finish; I wouldn't recommend fingers to do the blending. Once the concealer sets, it doesn't budge or crease. Topping it with powder only helps to increase its staying power.

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer on the undereye
Well, that was a long review but MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer has me hooked and I love using it. It has a medium to full coverage finish but I think it covers up my heinous dark circles well, especially when used with an orange corrector and the Ben Nye yellow Powder. As you can see in the picture above, it even covers the small red spots on the bottom left well. I would definitely recommend everyone to get it and I am planning to get NC 25 to add to my collection.

First applied the NYX Orange Corrector and then blended the MAC Pro Longwear on top. Topped the concealer with the
Ben Nye yellow powder.
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer is available at Al Fatah, Lahore for 2800-3000 rupees and can also be ordered through the Facebook pages.

Love.

P.s. I am wearing the Inglot Gel Eyeliner in #77 (Review) in my pictures above. Love this eyeliner!