Saturday 18 June 2016

Ofra Liquid Lipstick in Santa Ana - Review


No amount of lipsticks can satisfy a makeup addict and with new lipsticks launching every week it is impossible to resist them. In my quest to find the perfect pink-red plum lip colour, I stumbled upon Santa Ana on Makeup4u's page. It looked close to what I wanted so I immediately placed an order for it.

Santa Ana has been described by many bloggers as a deep plum shade, but I have been unable to decide what the exact colour is on my lips. Sometimes it looks pinky-red on me while at other times it looks like a deep plum pink. Nonetheless it is a beautiful shade which complements my NC 30 complexion. In the arm swatches, it look deeper but on my lips, it looks lighter. 


The formula of Ofra's Liquid Lipstick is also impressive. It is light weight and doesn't feel heavy on the lips. The formula is not drying and it doesn't dry out the lips or make the wear uncomfortable. It applies smoothly and doesn't flake. It gives a lovely matte finish and lasts for almost 4 hours before needing a touch up. However, it does transfer slightly. The liquid lipstick has a strong, sweet vanilla scent, much like the MAC lipsticks which I don't like very much, but the smell disappears after a bit, so I have no complaints. Ofra's Liquid Lipstick comes in the typical plastic, liquid lipstick tube with a doe-foot applicator to apply.


If you are on the lookout for a good quality but affordable liquid lipsticks, I would definitely suggest you to check these lipsticks out. They have a good variety of colours and are slightly less expensive compared to other liquid lipsticks which are available in the market. While the packaging is a little cheap compared to their high-end counterparts, the quality is definitely up to the mark.


Makeup4u has most of the colours instock and they keep having flash sales, so its a good idea to keep your eye on the page in order to get the best deal! I purchased mine for around 1600 rupees during one of the promotions.

Which liquid lipsticks are your favourites? Let me know in the comments below.

Love.