Wednesday 13 July 2016

What's in my Travel Makeup Pouch?


All those who follow me on Instagram must know that I recently went on a vacation to the beautiful Hunza Valley in Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan! The trip was, needless to say amazing, and a wonderful break from the horrible heat and bustling life of Lahore. Anyways, coming back to what makeup I took with me. Although, I wished to carry my entire collection with me, that was obviously not a feasible option so I had to limit myself to one or two things from each category.

Primer - NYX Primer Spray

A spritz of this makes my skin smooth for makeup application and helps my makeup stay longer. Love this.

Foundation - L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation

L'oreal's Infallible Foundation is light-weight and gives a very natural, yet dewy finish which I love. Hence, I decided to carry this since I needed light to medium coverage and something that lasted long and this foundation seemed to be the perfect fit.

Concealer - MAC Pro Long Wear, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, Maybelline Master Conceal, Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer

My obsession with a bright under eye has no end, so I had to carry my LA Girl Orange Corrector to colour correct my dark circles. And I couldn't really decide which concealer to carry so I carried them all and switched them around depending on my mood.

Powder - Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Continiung with my obsession for a bright under-eye, how can my makeup be complete without baking my undereye. For that I needed a good translucent powder which would help set my concealer and make it last longer since all our excursions were day long and I needed my makeup to last all day. I have the Laura Mercier Loose Powder in travel size which was very compact, so it easily fit in all my pouches.

Eyeshadows - Tartelette Tease Clay Palette & Colourpop Supershock Eyeshadow in Smash  and Sunset Boulevard

Ofcourse, eye makeup was going to be very limited during the trip, but I still wanted to carry an eyeshadow palette, so I decided to take along this mini palette by tarte which was not only compact but also had a good variety of colours for a simple eye look. I also threw in 2 of my favourite eyeshadows from Colourpop: Smash and Sunset Boulevard. Both look very natural yet glam.

Eyeliner - Inglot Eyeliner in #77

Ofcourse could not have travelled without this staple.

Eyebrows - Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Ebony

Must for my brows!


Mascara - tartiest Lash Paint Mascara & tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 

These 2 mini mascaras were enough to give my lashes the length and volume they needed.

Blush - Clinique Ginger Pop, theBalm Cabana Boy & Nars Orgasm

Took all the shades of pink, I could possibly need,

Highlighter - Wet n Wild Highlighter in Boozy Brunch & Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Starlight

A combination of both these highlighters gives me the healthiest glow!

Contour - LA Girl Pro Conceal in Toast and Smashbox Contour Kit

Those cheekbones need to be on point for all the pictures, so these were my must haves for the trip!

Lipsticks 

This list ofcourse has to be exceptionally long, because I couldn't decide which shades I would absilutely need, and plus you can never have too many lipsticks so listing all the ones I took along.
  • NARS Audacious Lipstick in Audrey
  • Kat Von Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Berlin
  • MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Dangerous
  • NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in Prague and Rome
  • Colourpop Ultra Satin in Frick n Frack
  • Ofra Liquid Lipstick in Santa Ana
  • Sephora Lipstain in Shade 03, Strawberry Kissed
Setting Spray - NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray

The NYX Setting Spray was great as it kept my makeup looking fresh for almost 8 hours!

Tools 

The most essential beauty tool on the trip was my trusted Beauty Blender which does almost 60% of makeup! Cannot live without this. Other than that I took a mix of Real Techniques and some fake Bobbi Brown Brushes. 

I carried all of this makeup in my Forever 21 Makeup Pouch which looks small but is super roomy. And I carried the brushes and the palettes in the Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette Pouch which is also very compact and accommodated a lot of things. I know that I could have carried fewer things but you never know when you need what, so I like to be prepared.

Keep following The Makeup Pouch on Instagram where I will be posting pictures of the stunning landscapes and scenery!

What are your travel essentials? Comment below.

Love.