Tuesday 19 July 2016

Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop - Review


All those who know me know that I am a blush and highlighter person. But my blush obsession always takes the crown because none of my hauls are complete without a blush(or blushes). For the longest time, I thought that the Clinique Cheek Pops are cream blushes and hence I stayed away from them because I am not really a big fan of those, but when I discovered that they are powder, and after looking at all the swatches, it took a lot of strength not to order them all. After much deliberation I settled on Ginger Pop, because I wanted a subtle orange-coral and Ginger Pop seemed a lot like the colour I had in mind.

The Clinique Cheek Pops are GORGEOUS too look at. The blush comes in a small, round, transparent compact which is so so pretty. They have a beautiful floral design which is so pretty that you really don't want to swirl the brush and risk ruining the design. In short, the packaging of these pops are adorable!


The formula of the Clinique Cheek Pops is really impressive. They apply smoothly and give a pretty flush of colour to the cheeks while smoothing the skin slightly and adding a soft glow. There is no fall out so you can imagine how smoothly they must apply. Surprisingly, the Cheek Pops are not very pigmented which I would consider a pro because you don't end up with clown cheeks firstly, and secondly, it allows you to build up the colour to your liking. The lasting power of this blush is also impressive since it lasts up to almost 8 hours.

Ginger Pop is an orange-coral with hints of pink in it and a subtle sheen. It is a beautiful color and unlike any other blush that I own.


Clinique's Cheek Pops are beautiful and definitely worth every cent. At $22, they are slightly cheaper than other high-end blushes and this coupled with their amazing quality definitely makes them worth it. I am already contemplating on which shade to buy next and I have my eyes on Rosy Pop and Berry Pop. Lets see which one I end up getting next.

Love.