Monday 5 December 2016

Monthly Favourites - October & November


Can't believe its December already. This year literally flew by and now we are progressing into 2017. Been quite a ride I must say but let's leave that for another blogpost. December is one of my favourite months because the cooler weather means that the makeup stays intact. Plus, the winter palette is more glam than the Spring/Summer palettes. And not to forget, it is the season of weddings, festivities and family get-togethers which means that I can dress up to my heart's content! Lets move onto my favourites for the past 2 months.
1) Lorac Pro 3 Palette

I had wanted this palette from the moment it had been released and needless to say, it was well worth the excitement. The palette boasts a stunning array of warm neutrals as well as deeper shades which are perfect for the colder months.

2) Essence Precise Eyeliner Brush

This little brush by Essence is perfect for lining your eyes with precision. Plus the angle makes adding wings a piece of cake. I only wish the brush was a little longer. 

3) MAC Minerlize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

With all the new highlighters coming into my Makeup Pouch, this highlighter took the back seat for quite a while, until recently. And now I cannot stop using it. The peachy bronze shade is perfect for the fall/winter season and gives the most stunning glow ever.

Read the full review here.

4) Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Normal/Dry Skin

Revlon's Colorstay Foundation for Normal Skin is full-coverage, long lasting and looks beautifully natural. Add to it the budget-friendly price and you've got a perfect foundation. I have been using it literally everyday and I love how natural and fresh it makes my skin look. The only downside is that the undertones of the shades are a little messed up. I have the shade Medium Beige and though it is supposed to have warm undertones, I feel that it is slightly pink. Nonetheless, it still matches my skintone well and appears natural.

5) e.l.f. Contour Palette 

I've had a love-hate relationship with ELF ever since I discovered the brand. Their new face palettes including the Blush, Contour and Illuminating Palettes received a lot of hype and positive reviews and I had been looking for an everyday contour palette so I decided to get hold of this one. I'm pretty sure by now you all can tell that the palette totally lived up to its hype and blew me away with its quality and colours. The contour shade is the perfect taupe for my NC 30 complexion and the bronzing and highlighting shades are wonderful too. All the powders are smooth and buttery and blend with ease. Watch out for a detailed rave on this drugstore gem.

6) Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme

Milani Amore Matte Lip Cremes are the best drugstore liquid lipsticks that I have tried to date. With a stunning range of colours and a comfortable long-wearing formula, these liquid lipsticks have quickly made it to the top of my list. I already own 4 of them, and I have 2 more coming in. Need I say more? 

7) Morphe Deluxe Buffer Brush - M439

I was almost about to publish this post when I remembered that I forgot to mention my constant for the past few months. The Morphe M439 is a dense foundation brush which blends the foundation beautifully and gives the most perfect coverage. I have become so obsessed with using it that my loved Beauty Blender is feeling a little neglected. This brush helps to blend even the thickest of foundations (like the Estee Lauder Double Wear) for an even and natural coverage. Would recommend everyone to get hold of this brush asap!

That rounds my makeup favourites for the last two months. And this is the last Monthly Favourites post for this year. Wow. However, I will be ending the year with a post on the 10 Makeup Products that I have loved this year. Stay tuned for that.

Love.