Monday 20 February 2017

Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Sunlight - Review


I've already confessed that I am addicted to highlighters and I can't help but end up spending all my hard-earned money on them. And we all also know that gold highlighters in particular make me feel weak in the knees. The Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops are like the epitome of gold highlighters; just one drop of these gives the most stunning, 300-watt glow ever. Continue reading for more on this!

Firstly, I absolutely love the bottle of this highlighter. It is golden in colour and feels so luxe although it is surprisingly heavy. The cap has a dropper attached to it which helps to dispense the product. These drops can be mixed in your foundation as well as applied to the high points of your cheeks. What I usually do it add a little drop to my foundation, mix it well and then apply it to my face. After, I am done with the rest of my makeup, I lightly dab this on the high points of my cheeks and then blend lightly with my Beauty Blender. The key to using these drops is to use less. They are extremely pigmented and a little goes a long way. These drops have a light consistency which makes them easy to blend also. The highlighter gives a strong metallic sheen finish which catches the light brilliantly and gives a 100-watt glow. However, since the product is extremely pigmented it is easy to go overboard and your skin can tend to look oily (Been there. Hehe). The lasting power of the drops is great and it tends to last almost all day on me. By the 7 hour mark, it is a good idea to refresh your face because your facial oils mix with your foundation and highlighter and can give the skin a heavy and greasy feel.

Sunlight is a bright champagne gold which complements the wheatish skin tone beautifully. This has become a staple in my makeup for nights out and weddings and I like this better than my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors.



The price point of the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops is very steep at $42 a bottle. I grabbed this during one of the Sephora sales because of which I was able to get it at a better price. I don't really see myself finishing the bottle anytime soon given how less you need to use the product and I think it would be nice for Cover FX to introduce smaller bottles at lesser prices. But other than that, the product is a beautiful addition to my highlighter collection and I love the glow that I get with this.

Love.