Tuesday 28 March 2017

Colourpop Pressed Powder Shadows - Review


Colourpop came, it saw and conquered it all, especially our hearts. And by the look of it, it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. Colourpop recently introduced their pressed eyeshadow singles in a stunning array of colours. And with every order of 4 eyeshadows they were giving a free palette. The temptation of getting these was very strong and without any second thoughts I placed my order. Read on for a detailed review on these.

The Colourpop Pressed Shadows come in round pans which are the same size as the Makeup Geek, Anastasia Beverly Hills and MAC eyeshadow pans. They are magnetic which means that you can easily put them in your Z Palette. Or if you order 4 eyeshadows like I did, you will get a free Colourpop Palette which can hold upto 4 eyeshadows.

Moving onto the quality of the eyeshadows, I had read mixed reviews on their formula. However, luckily for me all the shades I ordered were of great quality. They are soft, blendable, very smooth and applied without any trouble. Moreover, I was able to blend them without them getting patchy. The pigmentation of these eyeshadows is brilliant. The satin and shimmer shades especially when applied wet really popped. They lasted for around 8 hours on my eyes without fading and with a primer. I always prime my eyes before applying any eyeshadow to help the pigment stick and make it crease free.

Now going on to the shades I got and their descriptions.

- Bel Air

Bel Air is a light, warm brown in matte finish which is an ideal transition colour. It is smooth and blends well.

- Just in Time

is a light, champagne gold in satin finish which can be used as an all over lid colour or as a highlighter.

- Cloud Nine

is a dark, warm, matte brown with reddish undertone. I love how it deepens the crease and adds a sultry look to it. However, the formula of this was a little dry compared to the others.

- Goody-Two Shoes

is a shimmery, black-grey shade with silver glitter. The pigmentation of this was excellent and it applied smoothly.


Colourpop has been a favourite ever since they first started and with every new product they release, I have become even a bigger fan of this brand. Will be definitely getting more of these eyeshadows.

Love.