Wednesday 11 July 2018

Fenty Beauty Match Stix & Plush Matte Lipstick - Review

Fenty Beauty came, saw and conquered all, much like its founder Queen Rihanna. The brand continues to make waves with every new product they release. I had previously gotten Fenty Beauty's foundation and really liked it so when I was placing my recent Sephora order I decided to get these Match Stix because I was looking for a new contour stick as well as a concealer.

As much as I loved the contour stick, the concealer stick failed to make much of a mark. While the formula of both the products was brilliant - smooth, creamy and blendable - it was the concealer's coverage which fell short. The concealer was not very pigmented and offered medium coverage, something which is not expected from a stick product. However, on the other hand, the contour stick was just the right colour and helped add the definition I need to my face.

For my wheatish Asian skin tone, I ordered the shade Wheat as a concealer and the shade Mocha as the contour stick. For reference, I'm NC 30 in MAC; 2W2 in Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation; and 240 in Fenty Pro Filt'r Foundation.


While, placing my order, I decided to throw in their Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in Spanked, their most popular shade. The lipstick really blew me off. From the shade to the formula, everything about it was remarkable. The lipstick is creamy, applies with ease and settles to a soft, matte finish.


Spanked is described as a dusty rose. While the shade is rose, it leans peach due to the strong peachy undertones. 

In case you're interested, follow this link to read my thoughts on Fenty's Pro Filt'r Foundation. In a nutshell, Fenty's foundation is one of my most favourite and I love the coverage and finish it offers.


The only downside to Fenty's products is that their quantity is less in comparison, which means that the value for money is less. 

Have you used any of the products from Fenty? Which is your favourite? 

Love.