Tuesday 16 January 2018

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation - Review

Rihanna's Fenty Beauty broke the internet when it was launched. Though this was not a surprise considering Rihanna's star value, I was a little hesitant to jump on the bandwagon considering my experience with the Kylie Liquid Lipsticks which well did not quite match up to my expectations. Huda Beauty's foundation was released around the same time, and I was really keen on that as well so I decided to wait for the reviews before I made a decision over which one to purchase.

Though I heard mixed reviews about both the foundations, I decided to get the Fenty Beauty foundation because this had more positive reviews in general and supposedly had a lighter texture compared to Huda's which was supposedly very heavy on the skin and "felt like plastic."

Nonetheless, Fenty's foundation arrived soon after packed in a long, rectangular glass bottle.


The first thing I noticed about the foundation when I pumped it out what that the formula was pretty fluid and the consistency was runny which means that the foundation blended easily. The foundation set easily into my skin, feeling and looking like second skin. It did not appear cakey nor did it budge; in fact, stayed on my face all day until I took it off. Interestingly, it even survived through a mehndi night full of dances. Though I set my makeup with a setting spray, I usually do not powder my face to set the foundation. But for people with oily skin, it is essential that they set their makeup and foundation with powder.


Fenty Beauty's foundation gave a beautiful satin finish, which appeared undetectable on the skin. True to its word, the finish was soft matte, and looked extremely natural, in fact, there was a soft glow to the face as well. Other products also blended well on the foundation.

When I placed my order, a lot of the shades were out of stock and after doing a lot of research I had decided to get the shade 240 for my NC 30 skintone. However, 240 was out of stock, so I proceeded to get 250. Though the shade feels a tad bit darker and I wouldn't call this my perfect match, I still feel it suits my complexion well and is a good match.


I'm happy to report that the foundation lived up to the hype and I would definitely recommend it to all Pakistani ladies. Plus the foundation is not exorbitantly priced.

Have you used the Fenty Foundation or Huda Foundation or both? Let me know in the comments below.

Love.