Friday 25 January 2019

2018 Beauty Favourites!

And another year flies by! It's mind-blowing how fast the years are going by, making everything basically a blur. I had promised myself to blog regularly in 2018 but sadly failed. However, I do hope to more consistent in the coming year - Lol but one can wish! Most makeup and beauty blogs have been rounding up the year with their makeup favourites, so I decided to jump the bandwagon as well and share those products which I loved the past year.


To be honest, I kept my makeup purchases to the bare minimum the past year, as a result of which I don't have many favourites to share but still listing down those products which I loved.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette

ABH's Soft Glam Palette was one of the most hyped releases of the year, with good reason - it was literally listed in every makeup blog's favourites list. The palette stays true to its name and presents a stunning collection of 'soft-glam' shades, which can be used to create all sorts of looks from subtle to dramatic. Moreover, the quality of the shadows is brilliant. They are easy to apply and blend and have brilliant lasting power.

Smashbox Photofinish Smooth & Blur Primer

A primer is a must in my makeup routine and I swear by them for a flawless finish. Smashbox's Photofinish Primer is one of the best primers in my collection - it preps my skin by blurring out the pores and making it smooth for effortless foundation application and blending.


Huda Beauty The Overachiever Concealer

Of all the Huda Beauty skin products, I had read the most number of positive reviews on their concealer which is why I decided to get hold of this during the Sephora sale. Glad to say that the concealer is really nice as it covers my dark circles without making my undereye look heavy or unnatural.

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder for Under Eyes

I'm obsessed with a flawless undereye because it truly can make or break your look. I've mostly stuck to my favourite Ben Nye Powder for a flawless finish but I wanted to try something new so decided to get hold of this one by Laura Mercier. Happy to report that this powder sets my concealer beautifully and brightens up my undereye making me look awake and energized, even if I'm not feeling it. Haha.

Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder

For the perfect lit from within glow. The powder melts into your skin after you apply and set with a finishing spray and gives your skin the most blinding radiance. Need I say more?

Masarrat Misbah Luxe Matte Lipstick

MM Makeup is one of the best beauty brands the local market has to offer. While I own a variety of stuff from their collection, their Luxe Lipstick has got to be my favourite from the range. The quality is superb and much on par with the MAC Retro Matte Collection. Though the lipstick is a true matte, it is not drying at all. I just wish they had more shades in the collection.


Colourpop Setting Spray

My all-time favourite setting spray has to be the NYX Dewy Setting Spray and I never thought I'd waver from it. When Colourpop released their setting spray, the blogger in me had to try it out and so I purchased it. Needless to say, the spray is brilliant. It binds my makeup giving it a lovely finish and helps it last longer. So 10/10.

Essence Cosmetics Volume Stylish Mascara

Essence Cosmetics, available locally, is an amazing budget-friendly brand and their Volume Stylist Mascara is superb. It adds volume and length to the lashes giving them the oomph they need. Highly recommended. I cannot think of doing my lashes without applying this mascara.

Zhoosh Brow Pomade

No makeup look is complete unless the eyebrows have been defined and Zhoosh's brow pomade is perfect for that. The product is thankfully not heavily pigmented which means that it is easier to apply and blend. The pomade does not leave any harsh lines or give them an unnatural look. However, would still recommend everyone to use a light hand during application.

Did any of your favourites make it to my list? What makeup products have you been loving this past year? Let me know in the comments below.

Love.