Sunday 13 July 2014

Essence Blush Up in Heat Wave - Review


Ever year, Essence releases new makeup products which includes a limited edition blush. Last year, Essence released a similar blush, but I was not much of a makeup addict back then, so I did not buy it. When I saw pictures of Blush Up on Essence's Facebook page, it was love at first sight. The size of the blush case and the blush itself looked divine and so being the blushoholic I am, I couldn't resist it.


The blush is cased in a transparent, square compact with silver writing on it. The back side of the compact has a sticker on it, with the ingredients and the rest of the details (which I did not bother to read). I really like the size of the compact and it is big enough to fit in my palm as well as allow me to luxuriously swirl my RT Blush Brush in it.


The Essence Blush Up comes in two shades: Heat Wave and Pink Flow. Heat Wave has orange and pink tones, while Pink Flow had pinky tones only. And since I'm a fan of coral colors, this one attracted me more. The colors are so beautifully fused into each other that at first you cannot get enough of the beauty of these. They finally when you do use them, you fall in love again because the color is so beautiful. The color that comes out is a coral color. I usually swirl my brush all around the pan, a little more towards the orange side to produce the perfect coral color. The texture of the blush is not buttery smooth but I experience little fallout when I am swirling my blush. The product blends well into my cheek and does not appear patchy. The color stays on my face for almost 5 hours before it starts to fade. To add that extra summer glow, I top up my blush with a light dusting of the Balm's Mary Lou Manizer! The combination gives me the ideal summer cheeks!



Essence Blush Up in Heat Wave - Swatch

Love.