Thursday 17 July 2014

Summertime Skincare!


With the summers at their peak and no limit to the sweating, it is extremely important to clean our skin and keep it hydrated. Moreover, summers also means more exposure to the sun, which means we need to be extra careful if we want glowing skin.


First and foremost, it is important to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water everyday, and if possible even more. Since, we are losing so much water due to sweat, it is necessary to replace the water that is being lost. Moreover, sweat, dust and pollution combine to make the most horrid thing, because of which our skin turns oily and prone to breakouts.

Here's a list of all those products which I use to combat these problems. So far, all these products are suiting me and my skin type is normal but please note that the products that suit me may not suit you. You can always check them out.


I’ll be dividing my skincare essentials in two parts. The first part will be about those products which I use daily, while the second part is about those products which I use occasionally (say 2-3 times a week) to cleanse my skin and keep it looking fresh.

  • Daily
- Pond’s White Beauty Face Wash: I have tried and tested several face washes and apart from the Pond’s ones, the rest fail to impress me or give me as clean skin as the Pond’s one. They are a little drying, but they manage to clean all the dirt and makeup on my skin.

- Saeed Ghani Rose Water: This is my summer go-to product and I keep a bottle of this in my bag. This instantly freshens and brightens my skin. More so, Rose Water is also a natural toner and I spray this on my face after washing it.

- Olay Natural White Night Cream: This is my first experience with a night cream and I’m fairly impressed. The cream is lightweight and you need only a little bit to cover your whole face and neck. It also absorbs into the skin quickly and doesn’t make the skin feel greasy. It hasn't exactly lightened my skin, but that was not my priority. Moreover, it hasn't broken me out

- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock: Sunblock is a must in this season, since the sun rays are the strongest. For women who go out daily, its a must. You can put this under your makeup, or apply it alone. I am extremely lazy when it comes to applying sunblock but I try my best to use it on a daily basis. (My excuse not to use it: I can't wake up half an hour prior to leaving the house :P ).

- Pond’s BB Cream: This is my favourite BB Cream and I love the natural finish it gives. It doesn’t give full coverage, and neither does it appear greasy making it ideal for me. Plus it is SPF 30 which is the cherry on top since I'm super lay when it comes to applying sunblock. 

- Bioderma Sensibio H2O: Before heading to bed, it is extremely important to clean your skin and remove all dirt and makeup. Cream and oil-based makeup removers can become heavy on the skin in this heat. That is where the Bioderma comes in. It is a water-based makeup remover, which gently removes all the makeup from your face. It is extremely mild and non-irritating and can be used inside the eyes also. A little patience is required when using this because the makeup is not removed in one swipe, but you need to keep going over the area to remove it completely.

  • Weekly
- Freeman Clay, Mint and Lemon Mask: Freeman Masks are a personal favourite of mine and this mask cleanses your skin, and leaves it fresh and vibrant.

- Hollywood Style Facial Skin Polish: I discovered this product recently and its become my favourite of the season. I would say that this a mild exfoliater which is super gentle on the skin. Since, I don't want to use a harsh scrub on my face in the summers, I prefer using this. I use it almost four times a week and it has really improved my skin.

- Nivea Refreshing Cleansing Milk: Just a basic cleanser to cleanse my skin.

- The Body Shop Facial Brush: When I want to deep cleanse my skin, I use the Body Shop Facial Brush. I dot my facewash all over my face and then go over it with my facial brush in circular motions. The bristles of the brush are a little harsh so care is needed but other than that I love the cleansing it gives me.

Always remember that a healthy and glowing skin will make the perfect canvas for your makeup, and therefore it is extremely important that you take care of it properly. Above is just a list of all those products that I use; you can always alter your regime according to your skin type and problems. Moreover, if you have major skin problems, such as severe acne or hyper-pigmentation please consult a dermatologist before adopting any skincare routine.

Most of the products mentioned above can be purchased at your local cosmetic and departmental stores. Alternatively, they can also be bought online from just4girls.pk or Beauty Arena.

Do you follow a skincare regime? Was this post helpful? Let me know in the comments below!

Love.